Full - Time Regular
As a Field Service Engineer, you will represent the company both technically, professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained, and started properly.Essential Responsibilities
- Providing on-site technical direction to skilled labor during Steam/Gas Turbines/Auxiliaries Installation, Maintenance and Commissioning activities on Customer Owned Sites in remote Oilfields, Industrial Facilities and LNG Plant
- Leading Installation, Maintenance, Commissioning Site Activities with proper Customer/Company Schedule Targets Mindset following strictly Quality and HSE Rules.
- Utilizing Problem Solving Skills, Engineering Instructions, Drawings, and Process Instructions during Steam/Gas Turbines Commissioning and Start-up Activities.
- Possessing the Technical Capability to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for Steam/Gas Turbines Products.
- Preparation of job-planning documents based to Assignment's Scope of Work.
- Communicating effectively with Service / Installation / Project Managers and Site Leaders/Site manager on job planning and execution and with Resource Managers regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression.
- Providing input for Daily, Weekly & Final report for outages and installations projects.
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for Customer records and as Reference for future Outages.
- Actively participate to customer and/or contractor meeting and be promoter on their recurrence and following action plan.
- Establish through the immediate Report after the Daily HSE Tool Box Talking (mandatory for BHGE/Contractor personnel) the critical activity tasks and remark any HSE aspect to be followed.
- Have knowledge of all Quality procedures and documentation applicable to specific activities and ensure they are properly followed and updated.
- Ensure that Red Flag Review process for New Units Installation is followed and applied.
- Ensure Site Quality Check List/Job Cards/Field Procedure are followed and properly signed.
- Ensure reports and drawings "marked-up" are completed.
- Ensure all RCA and Lesson Learned are addressed properly.
- Ensure all Non-Conformity (technical and materials) are properly addressed using BHGE etools and follow up till resolution.
- Ensure compliance with local/current legislation, requests & requirements present in the site Safety Manual.
- Willing to actively participate in NPI (New product Introduction) training to acquire Multiskilling.
- Engineering Degree/High School Technical Diploma or equivalent knowledge or at least five (5) years of work experience.
- Significant work experience, preferably in the Energy or Oil & Gas industry.
- Strong knowledge on GE Steam Turbine, Heavy Duty Gas Turbine installation/maintenance philosophy.
- Fluent oral and written English.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Health, Safety and Environmental mindset and compliance.
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction including offshore & remote areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Strong customer service mindset
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral & written communication
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills