Skills: NDT Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Performs UT, MT, PT, VT and other NDT industrial inspections on offshore piping, pressure vessels, and miscellaneous equipment. Adheres to all company policies and procedures and pays special attention to health and/or safety policies. Directs the work of trainees and Level I personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans the methods and determines the type of NDT equipment required to inspect the structure of materials.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Assists other technicians.
- Performs UT Shear Wave inspections primarily in the field.
- Conducts tests in NDT methods - to the extent certified and qualified in.
- Prepares, sets-up and completes all necessary paperwork.
- Responsible for training Level I technicians and all other trainees.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Two (2) to three (3) years' experience in NDT preferred.
- Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival certifications desired.
- Certified or be certifiable to Level II UT, MT, PT, VT.
- Has general knowledge of other NDT methods, product manufacturing and inspection technologies used by the employer.
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered OFFSHORE/ONSHORE/TRAVEL WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glaring.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lifts 20-50 pounds.
- Works in confined spaces, kneels, jumps, runs, works while lying on stomach/back, crawls, and uses repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identifies color differences.
- Wears PPE for skin protection.
- Lifts 10-25 pounds.
- Climbs stairs/ladders, stands, balances, stoops, squats, reaches, and lifts/carries objects.
- Twists body, sits with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and works with arms extended overhead.
- Operates a motor vehicle.
- Lifts up to 10 pounds.
- Wears PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.