Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
The Manufacturing Engineer applies a working knowledge of engineering fundamentals to the division's manufacturing activities under the direction of the Manufacturing Program Manager. The Manufacturing Engineer will be required to regularly interact with the customer(s) and various company (OII-MSD) personnel including those in Engineering, Quality Assurance (QA), Manufacturing, Purchasing, Contracts, Shipping and Receiving, to provide technical support through all phases of a product lifecycle (from quoting to delivery).
Duties & Responsibilities
Expectations of this function are:
- Technical lead for developing quotes. This includes: technical writing; reading, understanding and interpreting drawings, specifications, and contracts; communicating with customer for technical clarifications; developing Work Breakdown Structures; understanding in-house fabrication capabilities; identification and selection of potential suppliers; developing subcontractor / supplier Requests For Quote; provide input to Buy-Make decisions.
- Liaison between customer, project management and the shop to support procurement, fabrication, assembly, testing, inspection, and certification. This includes: providing technical assistance to shop and suppliers; troubleshooting; writing and resolution of non-conformances; and design and analysis of shop fixtures.
- Develop and improve internal manufacturing processes to incorporate lessons learned, to support division quality goals, to improve efficiencies and reduce costs, and to support growth opportunities.
- Support audits (internal, customer, and supplier), including resolution of audit findings.
- Provide regular status reports to the various Project Teams for the multiple projects he/she is assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Structural or Manufacturing) from accredited college or university.
- Minimum of two years practical experience in Engineering, work experience with the US Department of Defense projects is desirable but not required.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills are required.
- Strong technical writing skills are preferred.
- Proficiency using CAD software such as AutoCad or SolidWorks is preferred.
Oceaneering Marine Services Division can only hire "US Citizens" who are not dual citizens of any other country to work at its' facilities. You can verify your citizenship with the Self-Check through E-Verify (uscis.gov), if available in your state of residence.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance issued by the U.S. Department of Defense.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.