The Production Planner assumes a key role in reconciling a balance of variety of initiatives, including but not limited to global supply & demand planning, scheduling and inventory management. This involves identifying and resolving key strategic issues across the Shell Catalysts & Technologies supply chain. They perform a primary role in SC&T sales and operations planning by providing recommendations, performance feedback and occasionally root cause analysis in our forecasting, scheduling, inventory control and customer service processes. This position is instrumental in coordinating with the individual site schedulers and EO, Refining & Performance Products Planners to ensure both concise planning and execution of the developed plans - immediately identifying and reconciling threats. They are also responsible for the administrative coordination of new product introductions. The role includes additional responsibilities for offline product reconciliation. They regularly provide product availability and capacity information to senior management, sales and marketing.
- Responsible for running the sales and operations planning processes associated with Strategic vendors or suppliers within Shell Catalysts & Technologies
- Responsibility and authority to commit SC&T assets required to fulfill customer order requestsCoordinate raw material, powder, extrudate and purchased extrudate shipments to all manufacturing facilities to meet finished product needs
- Coordinate intra-company stock movements of finished products to warehouses to comply with manufacturing site storage capacities and to meet customer requirements
- Coordinating and coaching all manufacturing locations site schedulers during production planning process
- Advise management of any irregularities in production performance that may negatively impact meeting customer demands and/or SC&T financial viability and make recommendations to minimize impact
- Remain aware of raw materials and availability, lead-time, etc. and coordinate purchases of raw materials with the procurement department
- Accountable as a contract holder and owner of key strategic raw materials
- Develop and coordinate global schedule changes when necessary to prevent failures
- Routinely review demand and notify concerned parties when mistakes in product availability dates, packaging, source points, etc. need to be rectified
- Maintain current and acceptable ISO procedures and work instructions covering SC&T S&OP processes
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possibleRequirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Chemical Engineering. MBA Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years related supply chain and manufacturing experience
- Background in the catalyst business is highly preferred.
- Problem-solving and project management skills
- Experience building and executing upon strategies
- Knowledge of both supply chain operations and systems used within a supply chain
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Business System experience
- Supply Chain Management is preferred
- Ability to lead and mentor other team members including junior staff
- Ability to train, motivate, and drive change
- Ability to manage a wide variety of disciplines and expectations
- Manufacturing and supply chain background necessary
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.