Geismar, Louisiana, United States
Geismar, Louisiana, United States
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Geismar, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
International chemical production company is seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist for a direct hire opportunity based in Geismar, LA. This role will be responsible for payroll administration for incoming and outgoing US based assignees, coordination of payroll processing, reporting, and audit compliance.
- Serves as a fully trained back-up to both Payroll Lead and Payroll Coordinator.
- Provide timely and accurate payroll processing for payroll processing.
- Complete timely delivery of accurate timesheet and other data to the Payroll Provider, ADP.
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of the company payroll and employment related policies.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of tax and compensation reporting requirements to maintain compliance with the law.
- Reconcile ADP quarterly payroll tax records with each applicable reporting agency.
- Print pay slips and payroll reports as needed.
- Prepare and report Assignees earnings to host country and assignee tax services provider on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Supply assignee information to Global Mobility Advisor and Ernst and Young as required.
- Manage the HRIS system by executing both temporary and permanent changes as required by HR Management or employee initiated changes.
- Work closely with Payroll Coordinator on system integrations and interface set up to maintain accurate employee data in all record keeping systems (Payroll and HRIS).
- Assist Payroll Coordinator by communicating with department Administrative Assistants at the Manufacturing location(s) to ensure accurate time reporting for hourly employees.
- Assist with the maintenance of all earning, deduction and memo codes required in the payroll system.
- Assist in the maintenance of the ADP general ledger interface configuration.
- Complete all post payroll processes to ensure the timely and accurate completion of the payroll cycle.
- Process all special payments in accordance with policy including but not limited to Fitness Reimbursement and Education Assistance.
- Record and report assignees earnings in the US in accordance with compensation details provided by the home country and/or corporate office and supply assignee payroll information to Global Mobility Advisor as required.
- Set-up and manage taxation and related withholdings and remittances for incoming and outgoing assignees.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality in processing employee payments and employee status changes.
- Support Payroll Coordinator with monthly benefit reconciliations to ensure all deductions and accruals are accurate.
- Maintain accurate and timely processing of benefits set up in the payroll system ensuring employee benefit selection and associated deductions align with chosen benefit plans and effective dates.
- Assist HR Coordinator/Advisor in plan changes during open enrollment and ensure all updates are made in the Payroll systems.
- Process accurate recordation of payroll deductions of the Employee Share Purchase Plan, 401K program, and other special benefits programs.
- Support Payroll Coordinator with monthly benefit invoice reconciliations and quarterly reconciliation reports to the Finance team.
- Support Payroll Lead by compiling the required reporting data needed to complete annual benefit audits to ensure accuracy in the payroll system.
- Support HR team with employee data reporting related to internal and external audits, compliance reporting and tax incentive programs.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy of employee and payroll records in alignment with policy, law, and administrative process.
- Initiate and implement process improvements to ensure efficiencies in data recall.
- Keep up-to-date with current USA Human Resources legislation, practices and trends as it relates to payroll and benefits administration.
- Support for the other members of the HR team provided as required.
- Prepare back up for intercompany billings as required maintaining confidentiality of sensitive compensation information.
- Act as the liaison between the Finance and HR teams when questions arise.
- Contributes to the organizational vision and as a team member demonstrates the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Networks with other sites to the mutual benefit of all sites.
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from Document Management Database.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business Administration, or a related discipline from an accredited college preferred; OR, equivalent related work experience/combined education.
- A minimum of seven years experience in comprehensive payroll processing.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred. A minimum of five years experience in Accounting, to include a detailed understanding of financial statement reporting, annual budgeting and reforecasting is required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Advanced time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meeting regular and frequent deadlines.
- Benefits coordination experience preferred.
- Good public relations skills to interface with both internal and external customers.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Fundamental Human Resource functional knowledge.
- Advanced MS Office application knowledge including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Workday preferred.
- High level of interpersonal skills (communication, listening and reliability).