EPC Planner Responsibilities
- Required to create and maintain the EPC Systems project plan during the project execution.
- Responsible for leadership and technical support of their appointed project planning team, supporting project functions and managing project controls.
- Key partner to the Project Director as he/she provides them visibility on project execution. They also act as a strong link between the Project Director and the Product Line (PL) project planners as he/she captures and provides key information helping project execution and escalates any issues critical to the project which could not be resolved at planner level.
- Key interaction with the various function representatives on the project, namely: Finance Manager, Systems Engineer, Commercial Manager, Supply Chain Co-ordinator, Quality Manager, EHS Manager, Logistics Co-ordinator, Document Controller etc.
- Responsible for ensuring complete information available from ITO EPC Planner, to allow project plan baseline creation and development in-line with GE IPP/ QMS and contractual requirements.
- Provide timeline/ schedule for baseline plan creation, in-line with Planning QMS documentation. This should be communicated to both planning team and the customer. Hold regular update meetings with planners to track progress and ensure deadlines are adhered to.
- Chair planning workout/ project kick-off Meeting(s) with all members of the Project Planning Team (initial meeting ideally face to face), to ensure team alignment. Follow the 'Plan Creation Checklist which details how to build the plan and the actions required by each planner.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the EPC project plan (in the commercial phase and / or in the execution phase). Aligning Key Milestones such as Contract Award with the agreed dates. Working with PL Planners to ensure correct logic and linking of their Deliverables to the relevant Contractual and Billing Milestones. They are required to add the EPC Project Management Team resources to vouchering activities in plan, assign and manage hours for the duration of the project.
- Involved in the commercial/ clarification meetings and ensures alignment and completeness of bid schedule vs. the bid / contractual requirements.
- Carry out Critical Path Analysis and produce Total Float Reports across project plans, in order to highlight the most critical schedule drivers to Project Director, Customer, Planning Team, relevant functions and any other key stakeholders.
- Attend relevant meetings (as required) held by each function geared at providing status on project execution (engineering, procurement, manufacturing, logistics regular meetings as dictated within QMS documentation).
- Ensures monthly progress reporting from Product Lines and EPC to customer in a timely manner.
- Provide the Project Director and Project Management Teams with weekly reporting, if required. For example: status reports, schedule "look-ahead" extracts, critical path analyses, what-if scenarios, for trend analysis and forecasting, to provide clarity on execution and control of the project.
- Track and control hours booking until the formal close-out of the project is performed,
- Track to completion of any rework, warranty or replacement orders, which are not necessarily on P6 baseline schedule - includes getting status update and driving Work Orders to earliest completion date,
- Perform closure of the project in project planning system so that booking hrs. is not possible as well as no demand coming from this project is visible in the system
- Perform Lessons Learned for Planning Function as an input for the overall Lessons Learned meeting / brainstorming both internal and customer led by PM,
- Ensure all planning records & any important related information for the duration of the project are archived properly - part of lessons learnt process or simply available within the P6 schedule.
- +10 Years Planning experience.
- Experience and good working knowledge of Sub Sea Oil and Gas equipment.
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Salary Range: AUD 130,000 - 162,000
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more