Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 83372
We are looking to hire students pursuing a degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering with a Power Delivery focus! These interns will assist with performing engineering and design duties, which require the application of engineering principles and knowledge of substation design.
• Pursuing a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a related field from an accredited university, with a power background preferred
• Possess skills in the following areas:
• Basic knowledge of AC/DC fundamentals
• Basic knowledge and understanding of:
• three phase power systems
• per-unit mathematics and symmetrical components
• substation components and their functions
• design documents and drawings necessary to complete a project
• engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI
• common word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software
• Working in a team environment
• Communicating effectively with co-workers, vendors, clients, etc.
• Work with project team to create all design documents and drawings for a project, including creating wiring diagrams from schematics, generating bills of materials, and applying field mark-ups of project as-built drawings with minimal supervision
• Assist with engineering support tasks such as relay burden, lighting, load flow, and short circuit calculations with minimal supervision
• Assist with the usage of engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, relay coordination, transformer sizing, and load flow and short circuit studies with minimal supervision
• Review project schedules and work with project engineer to ensure projects remain on schedule
• Properly use the document management system
• Apply corporate standard engineering practices
• Assist with project activities
• Assist with the with the communication and coordination of project activities with project engineer, customer representatives, and others as needed
• Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work
• Bring potential project-related problems and possible solutions to the attention of the responsible party
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Design Engineer, Entry Level, Engineering