Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Skills: Business Development, Sales
Other Skills: Technical Sales, Oil & Gas Industry Value Chain, Corporate Planning, Estimation, Project Finance
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Analyze organization's critical business requirements, identify deficiencies and potential opportunities, as well as design and implement solutions for enhancing MS&T Directorate's business effectiveness. Review and identify process inefficiencies and control weaknesses in business development processes and execute the full project lifecycle from data gathering and analysis, future state design and implementation of new processes and systems for all new strategic revenue stream with MS&T. Assess market data, analyze new business opportunities and explore for new clients in new business areas to improve ORGANIZATION's market position and achieve financial growth. Develop ORGANIZATION's relationship with new clients and provide support that will continually improve the relationship with potential business clients thus enhancing ORGANIZATION's presence within Business areas. Monitor product portfolio performance and market approach, Support approval of strategy for product portfolio in respective market segment.
Business Development Initiatives:
- Conduct strategic market studies to develop and recommend new business development and investments strategies and plans in line with ORGANIZATION's consolidated strategy.
- Explore and expand ORGANIZATION's strategic business opportunities in new Business areas by cultivating partnerships or other commercial relationships for creation of long-term value for the organization.
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities and recommend which are most feasible from a financial, operational and technical perspective in order to strengthen and enhance ORGANIZATION revenue.
- Provide analytical expertise in the development of detailed new business proposals and associated business plans to create supportive arguments for new business opportunities which have been evaluated as having the potential to assist in the realisation of the MS&T and ORGANIZATION short & long term strategies.
- In association with other functions and departments, model a variety of business scenarios based upon the current business profile in order to understand the impact of business initiatives upon the financial success of the organization.
- Execute business development approaches for ORGANIZATION's products/services to potential customers and play a crucial role in developing an effective pipeline of new projects and customers.
- Gather market information covering the ORGANIZATION MS&T's business areas including competitor pricing and marketing approaches within business areas market, government energy policies and regional oil companies' news in order to support the management in strategic marketing plans and business development targets.
- Interface with upstream/downstream to identify, develop and promote new products and markets which will out win the competition.
- Continually seek to reduce costs and time to market; suggests and shares innovative ideas that have practical application, especially regarding innovative products and their functionality.
- Maintain effective relations with clients and proactively develop the relationship to understand and influence industry trends and maximize sales growth.
- Maintain oil & gas industry knowledge and keeps up to date with the latest market and technical developments by attending related regional conferences, reviewing publications, establishing networks and participating in professional societies.
- Monitor all business development pipeline progress and transaction delivery activities and develop overall portfolio progress reports to provide accurate and timely corporate reports and necessary information to asset management, Board of Directors, Board Advisory Committee and other shareholder representatives to effectively manage support new business investment decisions.
- Build, manage, and leverage relationships with existing/potential clients initiating business conversations with Business areas organizations and developing a strong relationship with potential customers and partners, seeking out new business ideas and developing them for ORGANIZATION's growth.
- Contribute in the smooth implementation of ORGANIZATION's existing agreements with Business areas clients.
- Act as a liaison between ORGANIZATION Group and business areas' clients for issues such as but not limited to investments, technology and marketing.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Section / Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section's / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ORGANIZATION Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Regular work related contacts with Asset Management & Business Development Senior Vice President, Division Vice President and team members on matters related to the business development initiatives.
- Occasional contacts with other Directorates (like TEO, Finance, Upstream, Downstream, etc.) for defining business development needs.
- Regular contact with Management of ORGANIZATION and its subsidiaries on key issues relating to MS&T business development initiatives.
- Occasional contacts with Joint Ventures partners for discussion, exchange of information / expertise purposes.
- Regular contacts with top management of various government agencies in Abu Dhabi as well external parties, such as, the Ministry of Energy, Department of Economic Development, Abu Dhabi Chamber, Gulf Cooperation Council, etc., for discussion and exchange of information / expertise purposes.
- Regular contacts with shareholders to discuss and negotiate various matters at Board meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or a graduate degree in related field is preferred.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 10 years of sales and marketing experience within the Oil & Gas industry including intensive technical sales, customer relation management, account management, and business development work.
- In-depth knowledge of oil & gas industry value chain (upstream, midstream, downstream and petrochemicals)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Networking, Research, Persuasion, Negotiating & Closing Skills
- Knowledge of Corporate Planning & Strategies International Joint Ventures Prospecting Skills, Territory Management, Market Knowledge
- Technical skills in Estimation, Project Finance, Arbitration & Legal Management both in Upstream & Downstream Sectors of Oil & Gas Industry
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated