Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sparks, Nevada, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
SUMMARY: Responsible for all day-to-day laboratory Operations and Management at Precious
Metals Lab, including supervision and coordination activities of personnel engaged in
performing analytical tests of various commodities to meet customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all lab staff have adequate resources to perform all aspects of work required.
• Ensure all lab staff are adequately trained to safely perform all required job functions and
that competency records are maintained.
• Represent the policies, ethics, and culture of the company in a leadership role.
• Closely monitor lab-related financial performance to achieve or exceed budget
• Serve as Laboratory Management representative for the Company at internal and industry
• Provide for lab-related customer service, troubleshooting, problem solving, corrective
and preventive actions and continuous improvement.
• Ensure corporate policy and procedures are adhered to in the laboratory.
• Provide employee motivation and champion the BMS system, including SQC,
Calibrations, Quality Assurance, Training, Round Robins and ISO.
• Maintain an "open door policy" and communicate with lab staff to promote
empowerment and accountability.
• Understand customer requirements and organize lab procedures, schedules and staffing to
provide for meeting/exceeding same.
• Foster customer confidence in Inspectorate laboratory work.
• Compile and analyze test information to determine operating efficiency of processes and
equipment and to diagnose problems and malfunctions.
• Recommend measures to improve testing procedures, use of equipment, and needs for
• Oversee and conduct research to develop custom procedures as needed.
• Handles required disciplinary matters in a fair and consistent manner and maintains open
communication with the Division Manager and the HR department.
• Represents IAC by appearance and conduct. Behaves ethically at all times. Ensures
compliance in all areas.
• Ensures laboratory practices meet or exceed company policy and industry standards.
• Reads, understands and enforces the company BMS and Safety policies.
• May on occasion be required to perform the duties of the Lab Supervisor and/or Lab
• Establishes or adjusts work schedules to meet testing requirements and control costs.
• Maintains time, training, calibration, QC and testing records.
Manages lab supervisor(s) (if applicable) and lab technicians. Is responsible for the overall
management, coordination, direction and evaluation of the laboratory unit.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training lab employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining
employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions listed below.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist in management and supervision of all administrative
personnel in North America M&M offices on page one above, including participation in hiring and firing
process on behalf of Senior General Manager, Lab Managers and Operations Managers.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors Degree or higher preferred; or five to eight years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to write, read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence
and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure,
using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding in carrying out detailed written
and/or verbal instructions and deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to operate 10-key and learn computer software programs.
Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand,
walk, and reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required
include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near explosive material (depending on
site) and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles (depending on site). The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.