Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Raeburn Recruitment are assisting our Client, a leading drilling and engineering contractor, with a requirement for a Senior Structural Designer. This is a contract opportunity based in London
Initially 3 Months potentially longer
As Senior Structural Designer, you will be responsible for the production of cost effective design solutions. Your primary duties will include:
- Ensuring knowledge of, and compliance with, company Management Systems as well as client, industry and international specifications and standards
- Production of cost effective design solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value
- Originating design documentation for allocated workscopes, e.g. drawings, sketches and bills of materials
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design
- Conducting surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes
- Inspections of onshore procured materials and fabrications, as required
To be considered for the Senior Structural Designer opportunity, you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualification in relevant engineering discipline
- Experience in brownfield modifications with emphasis on upgrades to drilling facilities
- Working knowledge of drilling equipment along with operations and maintenance activities
- Proficiency in the use of Autodesk design products (both 2D & 3D) and Microsoft office suite
- A good working knowledge of relevant codes and standards
- Production & checking of high quality design deliverables
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.