Skills: Driller, Drilling Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Drilling Engineer is responsible for leading and integrating wells engineering activities across multiple work fronts during well planning and execution for the AGT Wells Organization.
The role requires comprehensive engineering design, program preparation, equipment readiness and operations support. Successful delivery of offshore wells drilled on time and within budget while continuously seeking areas of performance improvement and process optimization in alignment with company wells practice and policy.
Engineering & Operations delivery:
- Provide detailed well design and engineering supports to optimize performance and deliver maximum long-term value.
- Initiates and drives performance efficiencies and continuous improvement initiatives throughout well planning and delivery.
- Identifies engineering solutions and new technologies to improve well construction efficiency and reliability to maximize overall value.
- Facilitate scheduling and procurement requirements for well operations. Ensure individual well Cost Estimates are prepared in a timely manner and monitor daily costs.
HSE / Risk Management:
- Ensures Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and integrity policies are incorporated into designs and procedures.
- Demonstrate personal HSE leadership.
- Attend appropriate HSE training and work safety inputs and actions with team members.
- Ensures Human Factors are incorporated into well design, risk management and operational procedures.
Standards & Processes:
- Ensures functional standards, industry best practices, and applicable regulations are followed.
- Performs / Provides technical supports and documents comprehensive risk assessment for operations.
- Deliver plans according to Company guidelines within the agreed planning schedule. Prepare wells engineering dispensations. Maintain validity of documents through relevant process.
- Coordinate Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) work performed by service companies. Raise, follow up and close Non-Conformance Reports when appropriate
- First level leadership skills and demonstrable values and behaviors.
- Good communication skills, including active listening.
- Coach and mentor wells engineers to ensure appropriate development and career progression, including technical and V&B skills.
- Pro-active and open to new ideas, particularly around M&T initiatives (i.e. agility).
- Assist in the development of the new wells staff through technical coaching.
- Provides technical supports to the development of young engineers
- Supplier Relationships:
- Maintain relationship with the contractors for continuous improvement.
- Optimize equipment inventory list for tools for the contractors and manage 3rd party services/suppliers.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Bachelors (or similar) degree in engineering.
- 10 + years-experience working in the oil industry for either an operator or service company.
- Minimum of 5 years of drilling engineering planning and design experience in Semi-submersible and Platform rigs.
- Valid Industry accredited Well Control for Subsea and Surface Supervisory Level: International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC), International Well Control Forum (IWCF) WellCap.
- Minimum Upper Immediate English Proficiency for Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Experience in High Pressure, Extended Reach Drilling, Narrow Margin Frac/Pore Pressure, Managed Pressure Drilling, Casing Wear Management
- Demonstrable capabilities of developing, training and coaching less experienced wells engineers
- Aptitude to innovate and be open to new ideas, networking and global technical knowledge sharing.
- Knowledgeable of technical assurance, Risk Management, Transfer and application of best practices and Technical Supplier performance management.