An ideal role for an engineer with maintenance and integrity experience. Tackle engaging continuous improvement projects, helping us shape our business direction.Where you fit in
Shell is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our Downstream Supply Chain team in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil. In this role, you will work together with a team committed to excellence, safety and security (Go Zero).What's the role?
As a Maintenance Supervisor we'll look to you to:
- Ensure long-term Goal Zero mindset and deliver all HSSE objectives.
- Meet audit requirements - for the Ministry of Labor, IRS, INEA, Audit LOD3, Audit SMBR (Terminal), and Environmental Audit.
- Maintain, control the equipment records and develop inspection check list, to influence equipment life.
- Ensure equipment's reliability and integrity is carried out in accordance with acceptable levels.
- Ensure the preservation and integrity of industrial civil facilities (roofs, signage, lighting, painting, civil structures/industrial area, floors, grills, stairs, railing, etc.).
- Coach, train and lead direct and indirect employees.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Keep quality levels according to required standards (LQS, GQS, IATF).
- Seek, challenge and encourage improvements and develop continuous improvement projects.
- Seek, challenge and encourage improvements in all aspects of engineering and maintenance execution for the Plant, developing continuous improvement projects.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market. Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through Raízen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future. We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society's energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements What we need from you?
- Engineering Bachelor's degree is a must.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience, in maintenance and engineering of manufacturing industries.
- Continuous Improvement (LEAN or Six Sigma) knowledge.
- Project Management skill sets.
- Skill in managing HSSE/Safety in Operations.
- Familiarity with relevant standards, specifications and technical drawings.
- Familiarity with plant equipments and facilities.
- Familiarity with maintenance system.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate teams is required, and previous leadership experience is highly desired.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company; we believe in creating an inclusive culture and work environment where you can thrive, innovate and develop; but most of all, be yourself.
Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.