Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Join the team delivering and deploying solutions on iEnergy - the world's premier petrotechnical cloud environment. Landmark's IMPT (Information Management and Platform Technologies) team is responsible for requirement gathering, architecting, deploying, operating, and securing the cutting-edge, multi-cloud iEnergy SaaS platform used to deliver Landmark's industry-leading cloud solutions. Be part of an environment where science, engineering, large-scale cloud computing, and modern DevOps intersect. As a member of the Landmark IMPT team, you will be entrusted with big challenges, but will be supported by a team of senior technical leads. Bring your expertise and curiosity to an environment offering unparalleled depth and breadth of exposure to today's most relevant cloud technologies, DevOps practices, and petrotechnical science.
The IMPT Infrastructure Engineer will work closely with Halliburton Landmark's internal and external stakeholders, Support, Development, QA and peer teams to design, deploy, operate and support Landmark CloudOps' private and public cloud computing environments. This role is critical to the success of Landmark and requires in-depth knowledge of Cloud technologies that are leveraged to support data center environments and multi-tiered applications. This is a customer-facing role that will work collaborate closely with business analysts, architects, and peer engineers for planning, development, and implementation of solutions for various systems. This role communicates frequently with team members and stakeholders from the various business units, regarding status; and helps to troubleshoot and resolve project problems and issues to ensure the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- Deploy and configure new Public Cloud tenants via automation - Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible.
- Provide day-to-day support to existing customers and ensure that the team is always exceeding their expectations. ?
- Develop system health metrics for both real time monitoring and usability recommendations.?
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability.
- Participate in security initiatives, including access control and vulnerability testing.?
- Maintain documentation of the infrastructure and suggest areas for improvement.
- Assist in maintaining platform availability to defined levels.
- Troubleshoot and address infrastructure issues as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Cloud Automation team on shared objectives on future desired state.?
- Assist in the validation of new automations in Azure and AWS if the need arises.?
- Investigate new technologies and methodologies to better support the product.?
- Coach and mentor other team members as needed.
- Requires a completion of an undergraduate degree in geo-science, engineering, computer science or business.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience.
- professional work experience in Public Cloud operations or customer-oriented environments.
- Experience with Public Cloud PaaS/SaaS solutions such as App Services, App Insights, Storage Accounts, Resource Groups, and monitoring tools, EC2, S3, route53, IAM. ?
- Experience with SQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Solr.
- Experience with LDAP, SSO, KeyCloak. ?
- Working knowledge of SSL, DNS, ELB, VPC.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A moderate-to-advanced understanding of the infrastructure components and offerings of Public Cloud.
- Ability to understand and develop CI/CD pipelines for automations.
- Strong Windows System administration skillsets.
- Strong to Moderate Linux (RHEL preferred).
- Light-to-moderate understanding of Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, and Kubernetes.
- Light-to-moderate scripting and programming skills which may be required for automating some of the tasks in the future - VBA, Python, Java, Shell scripting, PowerShell, REST API, Web Services.
- General knowledge of designing and implementing GUI-based web pages/dashboards aimed to gather and present information to account, sales, and other stakeholder teams.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 78421
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.