Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dickinson, North Dakota, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Baker Hughes has an opening for a Pump Technician to support Rod Lift in Dickinson, ND. This position aids and assists the team of employees to assemble and disassemble down hole equipment for sale and delivery of product. It includes employee and customer interaction to supply product and information to the customer.
- Assembly of new down hole pumps, anchors, de-sanders, etc. for delivery to customers
- Disassembly of used equipment for repair or disposal
- Follows standard practices and procedures when conducting technical maintenance and the preventative/predictive maintenance on down-hole tools and products
- Driving company vehicle for delivery and recovery of equipment
- Interaction with other employees and customers
- Perform work according to safety rules, regulations, and company policies
- Working in a team, performing other related duties as instructed by supervisor
- Work schedule is 1st shift, rotating on call as needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess knowledge of basic mechanical parts as well as comprehensive mechanical, diagnostic and analytical skills
- Must have basic mechanical skills for working with tools
- A basic understanding of the form and function of assembly components
- Must be able to accurately use measuring instruments
- Must have basic computer skills
- Repetitive use of hands and wrists while using hand tools
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator and required PPE
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Communication skills to be able to talk with fellow employees and customers
- Cognitive thinking - be able to figure out any situation that arises
- Previous assembly or disassembly experience