The Sr Staff Cyber Security Architect works on highly complex projects that require in-depth domain knowledge in all dimensions of cloud security. You are responsible for driving the architect, build out, and implementation efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance alignment w/ the product roadmap with a focus on application development & automation. Responsibilities
- Develop security strategy and prioritize initiatives to meet cloud security controls
- Evaluate and implement security technologies to streamline multi-cloud security initiatives
- Supervising the work of cloud security team members, supporting delivery teams and staff, and mentoring cloud security team members
- Designing and developing cloud security policies, standards and procedures e.g., account management, tenant management, CASB integration, proxy server management, firewall management, SSL/IPsec, security incident and event management (SIEM), data protection (DLP, encryption), user account management (SSO, SAML), and password/key management, vulnerability/threat assessment
- Assessing BHGE cloud service providers' SSAE 16, SOC 1 and/or SOC 2 audit reports (or alternative sources) for security-related deficiencies and required "user controls" and suggest remediation controls
- Acting as a cloud security subject matter expert and work in conjunction with other project teams on the public/private/hybrid cloud ecosystem to develop security solutions for BHGE
- Acting as the product owner of BHGE cloud security solutions - including custom built cloud security software solutions
- Provide hands-on technical capability and embed with the Cloud Architecture Team to deliver high value outcomes to the business
- Review proposed application, cloud services and security architectures for recommended cloud service or cloud-based applications
- Develop and integrate cybersecurity metrics and reporting programs for key security, privacy, risk, compliance, and service continuity indicators
- Support from a security perspective strategic projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business and be a recognized expert in security architecture and design
- Works closely with the Enterprise architects to ensure that platform specific solutions meet the needs of all functional, security requirements and architecture design.
- Shares best practices and lessons learned and continuously updates the technical Cybersecurity architecture based on changing technologies in collaboration with other domain architects.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends, certifications, and tooling to increase the overall security posture of the organization
- Identifies opportunities to improve the Cybersecurity of business applications in the cloud.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience (High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience
- Minimum of 10 years of information technology experience
- 5 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Minimum of 3 year of information security, IT Compliance or Cloud Development/Deployment experience
- Required EU work permit
- Hands-On experience with cloud applications and infrastructures
- Hands-On experience with customer and commercial IT solutions
- Working experience with Virtualization including security for at least one or more of the following: Compute, Network, Storage, End-point, Application
- Working with Cloud security industry standards such as Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), ISO/IEC 27017 and NIST 500 291
- Working experience with Cloud security technologies/vendors (e.g., IAM, SIEM, IDS) and/or providers (e.g., Okta, CipherCloud, AlertLogic), a big plus
- Working with Cloud orchestration and automation (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) in single and multi-tenant environments
- Direct, hands-on experience or strong working knowledge of managing enterprise security infrastructure and perimeter security appliances - e.g., firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPSs), web application firewalls (WAFs), endpoint protection, SIEM and log management technology
- Understanding of industry security standards, guidelines and regulatory/compliance requirements related to information security and cloud computing such as ISO 27001, ISO 27018, NIST 800-53, PCI DSS, SOC2, HIPAA, PCI, SOX, GLBA, etc.
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage customer expectations
- Industry certification a plus- (CISSP, CCSP, GSEC, GIAC)
- Familiarity with predominant public cloud providers AWS (preferred), Azure, GCP
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud (OCI) environment
- Ability to influence others through application and security experience
- Ability to communicate application and security issues and status to a broad audience including both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to negotiate and bring diverse teams to an agreed upon solution
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.