To keep our high quality standards and improve operational excellence we are looking to recruit a highly motivated Quality Assurance Manager to join our Grasbrook Lubricants Centre in Hamburg, Germany.Where you fit in?
As the world leading lubricants supplier in eleven consecutive years Shell provides lubricants for the use in diverse industries, e.g. for automotive, wind turbines, marine vessels and many more in over 100 countries.
Our robust Supply Chain - including sourcing, manufacturing and logistics - consists of 40 Lube Oil Blending Plants (LOBPs), 5 Base Oil Manufacturing Plants (BOMPs) and 10 Grease Manufacturing Plants (GMPs) as well as several distribution centres worldwide. Being based in the Graasbrook Lubricants Centre (GLC) in Hamburg you will work at the largest LOBP in Europe.What's the role?
As Quality Assurance Manager you have the end-to-end responsibility for the Quality Management system at GLC and advise the local leadership team accordingly in day-to-day operations as well as strategic decision making. In this role you act as first contact person in GLC for certification companies and auditors. Your main tasks include:
- Ensure compliance of the GLC Quality Management System to external standards through certification against ISO 9001, IATF16949, ISO14001
- Plan, prepare and coordinate external quality certifications including staff training and engagement
- Plan, coordinate and conduct internal quality audits incl. FMEA, 8D-reporting, training of internal auditors in Hamburg and Krakow
- Plan and manage customers' audits at GLC, interfacing with the Shell Lubricants business, automotive OEMS and Shell customers
- Quality-Reporting, coaching of staff on quality topics, issues and audit preparation within GLC teams
- Maintenance of quality documentation and driving continuous improvement of the Quality Management System processes
- Develop and implement Quality management objectives and strategy in line with overall lubricants strategy
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization
One of today's biggest challenges is to reduce emissions in times of rising demand for energy in all aspects of every day life. As one of the largest suppliers of energy products for private individuals as well as public sectors Shell is actively contributing to providing cleaner energy solutions.
In Germany we employ 3,500 colleagues who work together along the value chain from research and development to manufacturing and distribution of all our products incl. petrochemicals, fuels and lubricants, gas and power as well as an expanding new energies business.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
For the role of Quality Assurance Manager at GLC we are looking for an experienced professional in quality or process management with proven communication skills to cultivate relationships with internal and external stakeholders. In addition, you'll need as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Strong Quality Management and Quality Standards knowledge (ISO and Automotive)
- ISO9001/IATF16949, VDA 6.3 auditor certification preferred
- 5 years' experience in industry with a minimum of 3 year in quality management
- Strong skills in preparing, planning, conducting quality audits and following up actions
- Strong communication skills to explain Quality requirements to different management levels
- Experience in working in a virtual team with different cultural background
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for handling complaints
- Pro-active and self-motivated, committed to achieving deadlines and results
- Fluent English and German language skills (written and spoken) are required
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/ Group companies around the world.
The Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with . Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.