At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Responsibilities
Skills & ExperienceEssential:
- Collection, preparation & analysis of financial data, legal documents and other relevant info required for local tax filings/ tax audits and any other statutory requirements
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the tax returns, schedules and workpapers prepared
- Provide/prepare documents supporting the transactional data
- Zero $ Out Policy gate keeper - in charge of DCTF and PER/Dcomp filings and controls
- Prepare tax reconciliations, including monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations before the return is filed. Prepare tax payments
- Good Standing Certificate renewal (CND)
- Assist with all tax operational matters and identify any compliance issues. Escalating matters to Tax Managers and Tax Leaders for advice and resolution
- Provide audit support and responses as required
Desired / Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2- 3 years of work experience on tax or indirect tax area in large multinational/ Big 4 or Shared Service Center (knowledge of other taxes is a plus)
- Experienced/knowledge in tax processes and compliance
- Good organization skills with ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills and detail orientated
- Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word
Work Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Accountancy / Tax experience with knowledge of accounting and tax systems; Oracle and SAP, HFM, OneSource, Corptax
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more