Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Permitting Specialist located in Midland , TX Texas / United States through October 25, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Permitting Specialist Overview
Our Permitting Specialists are subject matter experts when it comes to rules and regulations related to well permitting requirements throughout the life cycle of our oil and gas wells, as well as our injection and disposal wells. They work directly with internal execution, technical and production operations teams to provide guidance and counsel. In addition, they work with directly with regulators from various local, state and federal agencies in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, and Oklahoma. Permitting Specialists provide critical support for the ongoing business activities in the Midcontinent Business Unit, while ensuring that our Operational Excellence (OE) Tenet No. 7 "comply with all applicable rules and regulations" is adhered to.
Requisition ID#: 408675
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Well permitting and regulatory support for Texas and/or New Mexico oil and gas operations.
- Counsel internal customers, including Asset Development, Facility Engineering, Legal, Land, and Production Operations, on regulatory requirements needed to drill, produce, rework and ultimately abandon oil and gas production wells and water disposal/injection wells.
- Process applications to acquire permits from the Railroad Commission of Texas, General Land Office of Texas, New Mexico Oil Conservation Division, and Bureau of Land Management.
- Manage various State-wide programs to maintain compliance with Texas and/or New Mexico regulations.
- Work directly with the Railroad Commission of Texas, General Land Office of Texas, New Mexico Oil Conservation Division, and Bureau of Land Management to resolve issues with applications and well compliance.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Well permitting experience with regulatory agencies or technical experience in oil and gas
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to understand and discuss complex regulatory requirements with regulatory agencies, and to convey those requirements (whether orally or written) in clear and concise terms to internal customers in various functional groups, including Asset Development, Facility Engineering, Legal, Land, and Production Operations.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, both timely and accurately, with limited supervision.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 years well permitting experience with regulatory agencies or technical in oil and gas.
- In depth knowledge of regulations required to drill, produce, rework and abandon oil and gas wells and water disposal/injection wells in Texas and/or New Mexico (including Federal Lands).
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.