Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of MCBU HES Office Assistant (Midland) located in Midland, TX Texas/United States through October 22, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
This position will provide administrative support to the MidContinent Business Unit (MCBU) Health, Environment, and Safety (HES) groups in Midland. The Office Assistant needs to be able to balance competing priorities from multiple customers, be self-motivated, capable of solving problems, and working independently. Interpersonal skills are important for this position as is the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Key job responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Providing general administrative support for the MCBU HES Field Support and other co-located MCBU HES teams in Midland.
- Onboarding and offboarding of Midland-based HES personnel
- Coordinating office space and moves
- Drafting and issuing communications to various HES teams and customers
- Preparing and mailing of correspondence, reports, and requests to external stakeholders, including regulators
- Meeting and event coordination including organizing meeting logistics, sending invitations, preparing agendas, scribing and disseminating minutes
- Assist in managing HES digital tools including Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Forms and others
- Coordinate HES vehicle fleet including notifying owners of maintenance and recall requirements, updating ownership of individual vehicles
- Manage visitor access requests
- Manage HES department supplies and storage
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative experience
- Proficiency using MS Office 365 applications; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Demonstrated capability to maintain calendars and logistics; prepare manager(s) for meetings and other events; handle activities and sensitive information with the highest level of confidentiality
- Proficient in verbal and written communications; able to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visio, SharePoint and OneDrive
- Experience organizing business conferences and meetings
- Previous administrative experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 application proficiency
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.