Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Administrative Assistant located in Houston, TX Texas/United States through October 22, 2019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
This position will work within the Energy Technology Company Technical Computing department which focuses on being a trusted advisor, partnering across Chevron to pioneer and commercialize technologies to solve complex business problems at velocity and scale. The Senior Administrative Assistant role is to provide high-level executive & administrative support to multiple Unit Managers and their units within our Technical Computing organization, by conducting research, handling information requests and performing clerical functions (essentially acts as both an information and communication manager for specific units within the office).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance with a high level of independence, initiative, discretion, and accuracy, and attention to detail to ensure smooth and efficient operations
- Interact with all levels of personnel and management as needed to carry out administrative work
- Manage and reconcile monthly Purchasing card transactions
- Meeting Logistics: book conference rooms, prepare agendas, order catering, prepare meeting materials
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management
- Exhibit team work and initiative to meet group objectives
- Participate in special projects as assigned (including workshops)
- Effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders in person, by telephone, and email
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system, open, sort and distribute correspondence
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- On/Off boarding of employees
- The ability to organize and work effectively to ensure all administrative work is prioritized effectively
- Assists with identifying and implementing process improvements to increase efficiency of work flow
- Other duties, as assigned
- Collaborate with Technical Computing Administrators to maintain and support Technical Computing Department needs
Backup Mobility Administrator Job Responsibilities:
- Perform mobile device account management activities such as swapping carrier service between devices, porting out phone numbers, account transfers, cellular service updates, terminating service, high-level account updates, and carrier portal ID Updates
- Upgrade/replace mobile devices.
- Maintain mobility content/responses within mobility website and mailbox.
- Perform basic mobile device troubleshooting
- Exercise mobile cost management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 10+ years of administrative assistant experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively manage multiple priorities, and quickly adapt to new business requirements or rapidly changing needs
- Ability to keep information organized and confidential
- Previous Chevron experience
- Previous experience in oil and gas
- Previous SharePoint experience
- Executive administration experience
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.