At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Seeking an effective Lead Hydro-Mechanical/Instrument Engineer to take ownership of products and tasks within complex Oil & Gas Subsea Control Systems.
The Lead Hydro-Mechanical/Instrument Engineer is characterised by strong product knowledge, self-motivation, leadership traits and a continuous improvement mind-set.
The candidate would be expected to demonstrate Technical ownership of Mechanical Engineering tasks within the departmentEssential Responsibilities:
- Specific Subsea and or Offshore design experience is essential.
- Interpretation of industry and international codes and standards.
- Interpretation of client standards and global practices.
- Ensuring technical compliance of products with specification, codes, standards, legislation and client technical requirements.
- Engagement with all relevant stakeholders (internal and external) and developing and maintaining effective relationships/partnerships in order to meet programme schedule.
- Generation and / or review of technical procurement specifications, parts and document suites.
- Product and task ownership including the generation of robust design files to demonstrate due diligence.
- Ensuring that product design conforms with a field proven or qualified technologies.
- Ensuring that best practice is followed to achieve maximum levels of safety, quality and efficiency.
- Representation of GE in client and vendor focused design review.
- Technical contribution to vendor selection processes.
- Active contribution to department and site goals and initiatives.
- Act as a change agent in the business with energy, passion & enthusiasm to support business activities and alignment of processes to meet business needs.
- Takes responsibility in working across global Subsea Production Systems (SPS) Engineering Teams to deliver solutions to assigned work packages when required.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work to agreed schedules and be 'commercially aware' in engineering solutions.
- Implement initiatives and ensuring best practices are followed to continuously improve the Inquiry to Order (ITO) & Order to Remittance (OTR) responsiveness of the organization to customer and business needs.
- Support Procurement, Manufacturing and Services Teams throughout product lifecycle.
- Degree in Engineering OR International equivalent OR Mechanical Engineering Certificate
- Extensive experience on closely related equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of product development lifecycles, design and document change control.
- Self-motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities. Proven ability to achieve business' targets.
- Strong Technical problem solving and report out skills.
- Resilient & persistent under all circumstances.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Country of posting.
- Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term assignments.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the design and operation of Hydraulic Control Systems
- A good understanding of hazardous area (ATEX, IECEx) requirements and component selection
- Good language and communication skills in both Norwegian and English
- Continuous improvement mind-set.
- Experience of working in a global team.
- Computer base knowledge (MS Word/Excel/Outlook/CAD).
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Outstanding creativity and ability to communicate ideas.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.