Skills: Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Title: Regional Fleet Manager
Our company is interested in hiring a Regional Fleet Manager who can work closely with our fleet providers and employee drivers to maximize expenditures and deliver the highest possible level of service to our customers. The Fleet Region Manager will be responsible in defining, structuring and maintaining overall fleet performance strategy for operation, maintenance, procurement processes and driver assignments of all company vehicles in the assigned region. The Regional Fleet Manager will also be responsible for managing the fleet vehicles for their assigned geography and/or Baker Hughes business, including the vehicle lifecycle management process --- procurement, servicing, operation, maintenance and repair. Ensures payroll input performed for company-car related benefit-in-kind or personal use charge deductions.
- Act as primary customer interface on performance, maintenance, and scheduling and other related matters
- Be responsible for contractual performance tracking / reconciliation and routine customer performance reviews. Define integrated fleet improvement modification programs and other related activities.
- Drive performance indicators/ dashboard and create tactical action areas of improvement and outline the approach for sustained performance.
- Create, rollout and implement new tactics and long term productivity initiatives.
- Support projects related management and reliability related issues and ad hoc related needs throughout the network.
- Monitor all maintenance activities including cost, pm & factory recall schedules, and material requirements.
- Ensure compliance performance of related vehicle administration such as updating vehicle registrations, insurance, gps functions where required.
- Maintain appropriate records, files and archives related to fleet operations, cost, vehicle inventories and driver performance.
- Routinely apprise Senior Management about fleet performance and costs
- Serve as resource to the HR & EHS department on matters relating to vehicle operations and safety mandated vehicle program(s) to include driver licensing, periodic certification(s), and compliance with all general requirements.
- Make periodic visits to vehicle sites to inspect vehicles/drivers, audit fleet inventories, conduct meetings and promote awareness and compliance with proper vehicle operation and maintenance procedures.
- Recommend and perform justification and life cycle cost such as "TCO" and perform trend analyses for various vehicle performance, maintenance issues and related expenses.
- Ensure understanding and application of applicable Baker Hughes Fleet policy and provide and train drivers on policy as directed
- Maintain electronic databases of sales, registration, inspections and maintenance of fleet management.
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and surveying current user trends.
- Maintain knowledge and utilize all fleet information and user surveys to forecast new requirements.
- Maintain and monitor data management system to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests.
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase system with assistance of Fuel Cards for all vehicles and drivers.
- Participate in various workshops and educational programs and maintain knowledge on all industry relevant publications.
- Develop and implement standard operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry.
- Provide direction to department staff to regulate budget cycle requirements and control budgeting process.
- Plan, process and execute vehicle purchase and vehicle replacement through efficient settlement.
- Plan and prepare annual budget, expenditures and analyze all financial objectives.
- Facilitate and implement corrective actions and capacity building to manage entire fleet to achieve company objectives.
- Assist in accident reporting and investigation as directed
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (or a High School Diploma with at least 5 years work experience)
- Relevant work experience in the transportation industry or fleet management
- Degree in Logistics or Accounting.
- 2+ years in a logistics role.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Quantitative ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more