At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes is currently hiring a Reservoir Engineer.
Geoscience and Petroleum Engineering (GPE) delivers reservoir centric solutions closely aligned & fully integrated with other Baker Hughes product lines. This key role will be to support and develop the Baker Hughes Wireline and LWD Formation Pressure Testing & Sampling business in Europe/North Sea region, by working both independently and as part of multi-disciplinary geoscience team.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide advanced technical support in reservoir evaluation and production solutions
- Provides real-time expert advice and technical support on formation pressure testing and fluid sampling operations.
- Possesses strong knowledge on formation testing tools, ideally Baker Hughes (RCI, RCX, FTeX, TesTrak and FASTrak) and their application for reservoir pressure and fluid sampling solutions.
- Evaluate the formation pressure test and fluid sampling data from Wireline (WL) and Logging While Drilling operations (LWD) for mobility calculation, gradient estimation, fluid identification and fluid contact determination.
- Designs and evaluate the Mini-DST, Vertical Interference Test (VIT) Micro-Frac and provide technical advice to the operations in real time; provide comprehensive technical reports to clients.
- Performs near wellbore simulation studies for fluid sampling modeling.
- Presents and publishes technical papers/posters/case histories at professional forums and societies.
- Works in a team of various Geoscience disciplines and provides reservoir engineering solutions within the group.
- Mentors sales personnel on formation testing, fluid sampling, reservoir fluid and rock properties, pressure transient evaluation and reservoir simulation modeling of fluid sampling processes.
- Provides support to marketing efforts for contracts or tenders and promote business development and technical sales efforts.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes, HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related earth science discipline.
- 6+ years of related work experience.
- Practical knowledge on Wireline and LWD formation testing and fluid sampling principles, methodologies and analysis.
- Expertise in pressure and well testing design and data analysis.
- Ideally have a production and/or petroleum chemist education and expertise.
- Sound presentation skills for delivering training and customer presentations.
- Ability to travel.
- Master's or Doctorate Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related earth science discipline preferred.
- Strong production and chemistry knowledge in the petroleum industry.
- Knowledge in Black Oil reservoir simulation concept and applications.
- Preferred Tananger, Norway. Can discuss Aberdeen, UK.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more