Skills: Civil Construction, Construction Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The Manifold Lead Engineer will be an integral part of the Manifold Systems team that is technical responsible for defining and delivering Subsea Manifold & Connection systems to FEED studies, NPI programs, tenders and projects.
- Technical responsible for engineering scopes and work packages within Manifold and Connection studies and projects/programs
- Shall execute and facilitate the design and analysis for assigned projects/programs using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
- Shall review Company Specifications relevant for Manifolds and Connection Systems.
- Will work across interfaces and scope boundaries to enhance overall system quality.
- Shall ensure all customer specific engineering procedures in the project/program or study are fulfilled.
- Will prepare data in project startup phase, such as FDS, Design Basis, input to the Interface Register, definition of materials and BOM, contribution to MEL and MDR, scope of supply overview and similar data.
- Shall support design activities and technical decisions, track actions and prepare/follow up reporting.
- Shall provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned Manifold System project/program.
- Will document technical data generated for the assigned project / program consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope and has the understanding and experience to execute business objectives.
- Shall continuously search for new innovative technical solutions to improve team processes, products and systems.
- MSc or BSc in Civil / Structural Engineering or comparable discipline
- Experience within the subsea industry -preferably Manifold & Connection systems.
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems.
- A high degree of contractual awareness, interface control and process control, to drive excellence within the engineering function
- Proven project technical leadership experience
- In-depth understanding of subsea production systems
- Experience within one or more disciplines; Structural analysis, Piping analysis or Design of offshore and/or Subsea structures.
- Knowledge to rules and regulations within the Oil & Gas industry (ISO, ASME, API)
- Highly proactive and results oriented
- Strong analytical skills combined with excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills to enable clear and concise delivery of information to staff, customers and supervisors.
- 3D design and/or structural analysis proficiency
- Knowledge of technical contract terms and conditions
- Knowledge of working within a Quality environment (Particularly ISO 9001)
- Familiar with relevant standards (NORSOK, ISO, IEC, ASME, API, etc.) and design requirements for subsea products.
- Familiar with Teamcenter / IPEM
- Hovik, Norway
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more