Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist
Other Skills: Pharmaceutical; Utilities Engineer, process engineer, mechanical engineer, maintenance engineer, chemical engineer, service engineer, reliability engineer, biomedical engineer, environmental engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kinsale, Ireland
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Ireland
Fluor Industrial Services are part of the TRS Staffing Solutions group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor Corporation. We specialise in offering clients both general and bespoke recruitment solutions and can deliver tailored solutions for your recruitment requirements, from a single candidate to an entire project team Specialties Recruitment, Staffing, Secondment, Manpower, Maintenance, Operations, Engineering, Procurement, Project Management, Oil and Gas, Offshore, Onshore, 24/7 365 days a year.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to work for our market leading client who is looking for a Degree qualified Utilities Engineer to join their team on a long term contract basis on their BioPharmaceutical Plant in Cork, Ireland.
We would also encourage any Post Graduates with a minimum of 2 - 3 years' experience to also apply. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking for a long career with a well-established company.
Main Purpose and Objectives of Position:
The Clean Utilities Engineer is responsible for establishing and maintaining the reliable operation and qualified state of clean utility systems and supporting grey systems that support the Biotech manufacturing area. The Clean Utilities Engineer will ensure that processes are in-control, compliant, and capable of meeting manufacturing needs, while also driving process continuous improvement.
The following are the main objectives for the Clean Utilities Engineer role:
1. Ensure a safe working environment by following safety rules and helping improve the safety culture.
2. Provide clean system engineering expertise as an active member of area team.
3. Clean system unit operations and equipment are maintained and are in a qualified and reliable state.
4. Lead Troubleshooting efforts to resolve difficult unit operations, equipment and operational issues.
At times, the Clean Utilities Engineer may need to travel offsite to other client locations, other companies, conferences, off-site training or to support capital projects.
Third Level Engineering Qualification (FETAC Level 8) or equivalent education or experience.
License/Certificate Requirements: None
Language Requirements: Proficient in English
In line with the job outlined above, the following are typically the key tasks that would be expected of the role:
• Take responsibility for the safe design and safe operation of the equipment within the area.
• Actively participate in safety-related activities (audits, hazard reviews, pre-start up safety reviews) to drive ongoing safety improvement.
Bio-process Technical Support:
• Be the point of contact and be the technical expert for equipment and processes in area of responsibility. This includes clear understanding of unit operations and associated equipment operations.
• Monitor the clean utility systems (WFI, Purified Water, Clean Steam, High Purity Gases) and optimise the unit operations/equipment performance.
• Monitor the grey utility systems (Glycol, Compressed Air, Chillers, Cooling Towers) and optimise the unit operations/equipment performance.
• Lead troubleshooting efforts relating to unit operations, equipment and operational issues.
• Utilise formal problem solving techniques, including Root Cause Analysis, to resolve unit operations and equipment issues.
• Communicate effectively with others, especially team members, operations and crafts personnel.
Maintain Qualified and Reliable State:
• Evaluate all activities for impact on qualified state of unit operations/equipment and utilise appropriate business processes as necessary (change control etc).
• Responsible for system/component classification and maintenance strategy for equipment.
• Implement corrections, corrective actions, and countermeasures arising from investigations.
• Participate in Periodic Reviews for systems and equipment.
• Develop scope for capital projects targeted at both short and longer term needs. Act as user representative for local projects.
• Understand equipment reliability issues with the objective of improvement.
Improve the Business:
• Identify and drive improvement opportunities (procedural changes, upgrades, projects etc) associated with unit operations/equipment within the area.