Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Instrumentation Technician
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Raeburn Recruitment have a requirement for a Lead Metering Technician to work with our client, an operations management and engineering services company. This is a permanent opportunity based in north Aberdeenshire.
As Lead Metering Technician you will be responsible for supporting the Operations and Maintenance teams in the safe and efficient management of asset metering systems. Your responsibilities will include:
- Be the metering discipline technical expert, representing the company both internally and externally on metering and allocation matters.
- Owner of the company measurement O&M strategy documents, standards and Procedures, ensuring that metering maintenance obligations are fully met.
- Authorise metering dispensations, approve significant mis-measurements for pipeline entrants.
- Review and approve Metering Databooks.
- Complete conceptual metering studies including economic evaluation for life of field exposure to different metering options.
- Monitor the health of site metering systems through regular auditing, using trend and report data. Highlight inconsistencies and prompt remedial action.
To be considered for this opportunity you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in instrumentation, analyser or measurement discipline.
- Senior instrumentation, analyser or measurement engineering experience & contributions in regulated, 24/7 high hazard industries
- Knowledge of metering & analytical instrumentation: LNG sampler, optical analysers, moisture analysers, water analysers, flow computers, tank gauging.
- Understanding of SHE systems, compliance, risk areas & improvement. HAZOPs and LOPAs, Quality systems, ensuring compliance, risk areas & improvement.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.