Skills: Gas Plant Operations
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Lead Metering Engineer for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
Support the Gas Terminal Operations and Maintenance teams in safe, efficient management of the Asset Metering and allocation systems in line with regulatory body requirements and Pipeline Transportation Agreements. Provide technical assurance and be the metering Technical Authority for the Gas Terminal and associated operated pipelines.
- Be the metering discipline technical expert, representing the company both internally and externally on metering and allocation matters.
- Owner of the company measurement O&M strategy documents, standards and Procedures, ensuring that metering maintenance obligations are fully met.
- Management of fiscal metering requirements for existing and new entrants to operated pipeline systems.
- Authorize metering dispensations, approve significant mis-measurements for pipeline entrants.
- Review and approve Metering Databooks.
- Review and authorize modifications to metering systems.
- Chair user meetings on fiscal metering. Manage the metering audit process. Perform and report metering audits of installations in the FTS.
- Complete conceptual metering studies including economic evaluation for life of field exposure to different metering options.
- Represent the company on measurement forums and standards committees.
- Seek and obtain OGA/ NPD non-objection and Partner/ Pipeline Operator approval for metering proposals.
- Provide technical input on contractor and consultant selection with engineering content.
- Responsible for development/ management/ custody of technical specifications for fiscal metering.
- Seek operating asset metering dispensations from OGA and Pipeline System Operators.
- Participate in failure investigations or RCAs.
- Monitor the health of site metering systems through regular auditing, using trend and report data. Highlight inconsistencies and prompt remedial action.
- Ensure competent Metering Personnel are available to provide key technical support so that issues are investigated quickly and resolved efficiently.
- Engineering / physics degree or accredited apprenticeship in instrument, electrical, mechanical discipline with suitable industry experience working at senior engineer level.
- Senior instrumentation, analyser or measurement engineering experience & contributions in regulated, 24/7 high hazard industries- (oil gas, chemical, or energy.)
- Technical specification development, maintenance, communication & training development/implementation.
- Data and trend analysis and reporting.
- Auditing & investigations.
- Regulatory compliance to engineering standards: IP, API, HM, BS & applicable metering & measurement standards & codes of practice.
- Metering & analytical instrumentation: LNG sampler, optical analysers, moisture analysers, water analysers, flow computers, tank gauging.
- SHE systems, compliance, risk areas & improvement. HAZOP's and LOPA's
- Quality systems, ensuring compliance, risk areas & improvement.
- Third party selection & co-ordination.
- Expresses ideas and information clearly, in a way which helps people understand.
- Works with others to achieve results and develop good working relationships
- Understands the needs of the customer providing excellent service at all times with the ability to adapt to change and work effectively in a variety of situations.
- Actively improves by developing new and enhancing existing skills and knowledge, learns from past experiences and adapts behaviour in response to feedback
- Takes responsibility for personal outcomes within job responsibilities and is focused on achieving results
- Plans, monitors, evaluates and prioritises appropriately based on experience, systematically seeks to achieve change in processes in order to improve efficiency and quality by promoting innovation
- Being clear about what has to be achieved, assembling the necessary resources to meet what has to be done identifying opportunities for team and individuals to demonstrate ownership. Monitoring and addressing gaps in staff development and performance.
- Gives clear direction and feedback to maximise performance in job role.
- Hours of work - Days. Additional hours in line with business requirements.
- Prepared to travel/stay overnight to complete responsibilities.
- Contribute to secondments & projects.
- Be a member of the Site duty rota.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Chartered NEBOSH/equivalent SHE qualification Management qualification Offshore survival certificate