Skills: Chemical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior Integrity Engineer for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen
To support the Integrity Team in the safe and efficient management of asset integrity activities associated with the installed equipment at the Gas Terminal. Developing new and enhancing existing skills and knowledge, learning from past experiences and adapting behaviour in response to feedback to consistently deliver the above responsibilities. Positively presents the role of Senior Integrity Engineer to the team, our clients and customers.
- Nominated Person with respect to Pressure Safety Systems Regulations 2000 (PSSR), responsible for compliance with applicable legislation,
- Management of RBI revalidation programme and generation of written Schemes of Examination (WSE) for applicable equipment; ensure that inspections are completed in accordance with the WSE requirements and due date compliance for PSSR equipment
- Interface with PSSR Competent Person
- Technical approval of inspection due date deferrals and notification to the Competent Person and regulatory bodies
- Third party specialist vendor report review including but not limited to vibration analysis, CP data review, stress analysis and structural calculations
- Review of third party executed Fitness for Service assessments
- OIAVS Performance Standards verification audit enactment
- Support to Integrity Lead with generation of Integrity procedures where required and technical review of integrity documentation generated by others within the team
- Participation in failure investigations or RCAs where required
- Involvement with annual integrity internal audit programme
- Generation of technical reports and integrity procedures where required
- Degree qualified in engineering
- Experience in the energy, oil, gas, petrochemical or chemical industry in a corrosion and/or integrity management role in relation to pressure systems.
- Experience working as an integrity engineer for an onshore plant ideally a gas plant.
- A strong understanding of corrosion mechanisms, degradation mitigation, relevant inspection techniques and interpretation of results
- Strong knowledge of PSSR Regulations, COMAH & PUWER. Knowledge of best practice guidelines such as API 580.
- Strong understanding of RBI assessment and requirements of WSE and inspection due date compliance
- Experience of management of cathodic protection systems
- Perform integrity assessments to ensure compliance with specified/relevant codes, regulations, standards and specifications within agreed parameters
- Experienced at anomaly assessment and performing Fitness For Service and wall thickness verification assessments using API 579 and API 570 and performing failure analysis and stress analysis assessments.
- Production of deliverables such as calculations, technical reports, bid evaluations and presentations. Produce the deliverable within the agreed parameters in an appropriate format and take responsibility to review other employees' work as requested
- Review and sign off of inspection results for plant equipment with provision of feedback and management of actions following the documented processes
- Development of integrity strategies and procedures
- Awareness of ISO9001, ISO 14000.
- Highly computer literate.
- Knowledge and understanding of integrity management systems.
- Proficiency to intermediate level in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Expresses ideas and information clearly, in a way which helps people understand.
- Works with others to achieve results and develop good working relationships
- Understands the needs of the customer providing excellent service at all times with the ability to adapt to change and work effectively in a variety of situations.
- Actively improves by developing new and enhancing existing skills and knowledge, learns from past experiences and adapts behaviour in response to feedback
- Takes responsibility for personal outcomes within job responsibilities and is focused on achieving results
- Hours of work - Days. Additional hours may be required to be worked in line with business requirements.
- Be prepared to travel / stay overnight, in order to carry out role & responsibilities.
- Prepared to consider & contribute to appropriate secondments & additional business projects.
- Be a member of the Site duty rota.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Chartered status or nearing chartered status with a recognized professional body
- Will have completed appropriate inspector courses such as API 510, 570, 580/581 and 579.