Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization - in agreement with project technical and timing objectives.
• Design, produce analyses, mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
• Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
• Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations.
• Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests.
• Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation.
• Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
• Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts.
• Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following the PLMP custom form of the project.
• Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate the development plans.- Provide training and support to clients and field representatives.
• Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
Education and Qualification
• BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
• Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge of manufacturing process, materials, motors, welding good to have.
• Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.