Baker Hughes has an opening for a Master Welder in Houston, TX. This Master Welder will be responsible for specialty welding needs supporting the Baker Hughes manufacturing team. Essential Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, expert in performing welding applications within one or more of the various work teams.
- Performs visual and in-process inspections in accordance with API and ISO quality specifications.
- Performs welding as specified by work orders, blue prints, sketches, etc.
- Helps facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance through-put within the work team.
- Responsible for supporting the team and team's objectives.
- Responsible for training team members.
- Required to pass periodic welding tests and qualifications in compliance with qualification procedures.
- Handle special assignments as they are assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 10+ years of experience with specialty welding techniques and machines
- Expert knowledge of welding processes.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineering drawings (blue prints)
- Qualified to national standards for weld inspection
- Ability to perform mechanical inspection on machined products
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Has experience installing and setting up specialty weld machines
- Has experience developing tooling and fixtures for specialty welding
- Has worked or assisted in a project management role
- Has experience working on downhole equipment used in the oilfield industry
Houston, TX 77040
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.