Skills: Inventory Control, Materials Management
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: ABERDEEN, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Materials Manager is responsible to partner with our different manufacturing & services sites across our Subsea Services and Offshore product lines to ensure best in class practice in terms of inventory management, warehouse operation and customer property management.
- Define the overall strategy and targets on Inventory for services and offshore across multiple sites, including input & output strategy and advanced stocking methodology.
- Drive overall slow-moving inventory reduction by driving cross-functional initiatives and strong rhythm in our different operating sites.
- Define and control any advanced stocking strategy initiatives, define and control process for the multiple sites, drive and measure business benefits and impacts.
- Review Equipment management methodology across our different region and ensure best-in class process definition and delivery.
- Drive inventory review across multiple regions to ensure accountability and ownership of the individual sites.
- Define and drive continuous improvement plan across multiple sites and function.
- Drive different SMI initiatives including MMI (Must Move Inventory), Inventory configuration.
- Establish and review Inventory calculation model, align to failure rate, rework rate, leadtimes etc.
- Drive cross-functional knowledge of inventory across Sales, Product, Engineering to ensure upfront reusage.
- Define input/output model, align to financial accounting strategy and revenue and execution plan.
- Master's degree or equivalent from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- Proven years experience in one or more of project industry, strategy consulting and industrial marketing/strategy
- Proven years experience in finance or material / inventory management
- Excellent analytics and problem-solving, including ability to form hypotheses and move forward in the absence of complete information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize complex topics into clear, simple and crisp messages
- Positive attitude towards a fast-changing business environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Interpersonal skills to work well with colleagues across all businesses/cultures, achieve objectives through effective influencing, and establish credibility with Senior Leaders
- Knowledge of BHGE products and services
- BHGE Leadership program graduate (CAS, XLP, OMLP etc.)
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working .