If you're highly ambitious, safety-conscious, and thrive in complex and uncertain situations, this role will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of some of the most ground-breaking projects anywhere in the industry.What's the role?
As a Measurement Technician you will be responsible to schedule and executes inspections, preventative maintenance, and reactive/breakdown maintenance on a wide range of measurement, instrumentation and electrical equipment in accordance with the SPLC Measurement Management System manuals (MQIM, PMM, MLOPs) and SPLC Electrical Inspection & Maintenance manual. Assesses third party connections to assure all instrumentation and electrical equipment is maintained per connection agreements. Installs, trouble shoots, and repairs measurement, instruments and electrical equipment. The role requires the ability to communicate well at all levels in the organization and strong process discipline.Accountabilities:
- Responsible for trouble shooting, identifying, and solving Loss/Gain Issues utilizing expertise in measurement.
- Responsible for proving meters to ensure meter is operating within tolerance; individual will use stationary or portable provers and utilize Prov-it program, or equivalent, to establish individual meter factors, verify temperature and pressure transmitters (LACT) for accuracy, check block and bleed values for leakage and submit Measurement Deficiency Notifications (MDN) when maintenance is required, and take necessary action when meter is operating outside of tolerance.
- Must work with customers to schedule, verify, and witness meter provings and regulatory testing of equipment.
- Responsible for reactive meter maintenance or replacement; typically requires pulling and installing meters and re-building of faulty meter through 3rd party.
- Verify 3rd party measurement equipment such as LACT units are in compliance with Shell Measurement Standards and oversee third parties to ensure safe operations and adherence to regulations and manufacturer specifications.
- Manage installation, inspection, trouble shooting, calibration, and repair of instruments and electrical equipment at sites including pipeline pump stations, tank farms, terminals, and delivery sites, Equipment includes but is not limited to motors, electrical systems, 24 Volt DC instrumentation, tank gauging systems, PLC, communication equipment, motor controls, SCADA equipment, etc.
- Interpret and understand equipment, station, and protective and control devices (P&CD) drawings; use knowledge to serve as expert on the equipment parameters, flow rates, pressure ratings, etc.
- Work closely with technical support staff, engineering staff, operations staff, and other stakeholders to maintain system reliability and availability.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working and providing maintenance to Measurement equipment required.
- Individual must have demonstrated experience progressing in a measurement/analytical/instrument/electrical related field.
- Experience working in an environment supporting oil or product movement and applying detailed trouble shooting and analysis.
- Must understand station PLC logic and instrument protective functions on pipeline systems.
- Experience in the execution of preventive and reactive maintenance in the Electrical discipline.
- Must have proficiency in working on a computer, using standard operating programs, and entering information into systems.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.