At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role summary:
Lead the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) function for BHGE Hungary (including primarily the Fot facility and secondary Budapest, Váci greens facility), including manufacturing, applicable service and all office personnel based in the facility. Supervise an HSE professional to ensure compliance, delivering a sustainable HSE culture of excellence and active participation in HSE activities.Responsibilities:
- Drive continuous improvement and operationalization of HSE programs, procedures, and tools to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and BHGE best practices in both locations.
- Participate as a key member of local Fót leadership team, driving compliance solutions and HSE simplification through the business cycles.
- Integrate HSE into all components strategies, activities and decision making from initial customer inquiry through execution.
- Vigorously lead /drive HSE operationalization and accountability to all employees.
- Ensure business growth by leading risk mitigation and HSE productivity enhancements at the facility.
- Contribute to the overall success of the business through strong and value-added participation, leadership and support of critical business initiatives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local team, community and regulators.
- Supervise staff of HSE professionals, ensuring they develop and hone technical and leadership competence, participate as effective professionals in driving excellence in performance and culture.
- Strengthen and maintain critical excellence certifications, including ISO 14001 and others.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Occupational Health Standards and programs, with effective implementation experience of such programs.
- Participate as an effective team member and colleague sharing ideas, best practices, and learnings to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the overall business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Environmental or Occupational Safety and health field.
- Relevant experience in an Environment, Health and Safety discipline.
- Relevant experience in Health and Safety and Environmental Leadership role
- Supervisory experience of other HSE professionals.
- Credentialing or certification in ISO systems and auditing.
- Outstanding English and Hungarian communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Broad knowledge of HSE regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple issues with competing priorities.
- High energy, self-starter.
- Experience with ISO or equivalent excellence certification.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt trained/certified
- Knowledge of GE or BHGE HSE Management systems.
- Supervision, including development of other career professionals in the areas of technical competency and leadership.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more