At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The role of ITO Systems Engineer - Product Control Systems (PCS) is an important role within the business. The primary responsibility of the ITO Systems Engineer - PCS supports the technical contribution for pursuit of new subsea projects. The technical support function will execute subsea tenders/feeds/quotes on a global basis as and when required.
The Applications Engineer has the responsibility for reviewing and understanding client technical specifications, selecting suitable designs and producing technical information for cost generation. The Applications Engineer is heavily involved in writing technical data specifications for Subsea Controls for submission within the tenders and quotes.
The key responsibilities of the Controls Applications Engineer is to support the commercial team in producing a viable commercial offering, understanding and mitigating risk, interfacing with project execution teams and finally acting as a front end technical ambassador for the Subsea ITO organisation.Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with company and Industry specifications relating to the design and build of subsea equipment.
- Minimise risk to the Health, Safety and Environmental impact as a result of the design, manufacture and operation of equipment
- Take a lead role in the technical execution of Subsea tenders/feeds/quotes, ranging from system level offerings to individual orders.
- Ensure compliance in the execution of the design taking direction from the proposal manager and the ITO Lead System Engineer, ensuring that the Subsea ITO Technical Process is adhered too, design reviews, CTRS, BOM's
- Review of client technical specifications
- Produce technical write-ups, Equipment Overview Sheets & Product Data Sheets.
- Produce pricing BOM's
- Review and execute clarifications within tender execution, pre-submittal and post-submittal
- Work with ITO Subsea Designers for input into the execution of drawings for tenders, P&ID's, general assembly drawings
- Interface with the Subsea Controls OTR Product and Projects group for technical support and approvals on design
- Interface with the Subsea PCS Product platform for strategy understanding of design
- Communicate with vendors for the supply of third party equipment
- Communicate with peers in the sharing of knowledge
- Mature experience of product and/or Engineering design
- Excellent relevant experience in the O&G industry
- Proven years of experience in Product Design in Controls's Engineering
- Product Design experience in Oilfield Drilling and/or Production Equipment.
- Proven track record of achievement in previous roles.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Travel where required (nationally and internationally) for technical clarification meetings, presentations to clients
- Ability and willingness to obtain passport and visas for international travel
- Problem solving skills
- Experience with development, set up and executing of Qualification and Reliability Testing
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Successful completion of the EEDP (Edison Engineering Development Program, only for GE)
- Experience managing engineering programs though full life cycle
- Previous experience in FEED/Tendering
- Commercial and contracts experience
- Effective Problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more