Skills: Engineering Manager, ROV Ops / Tech
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Directs and coordinates activities of the engineering department to design, manufacture, and test components, products, and systems by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees technical aspects of all engineering output.
- Administratively manages all engineering resources within the organization.
- Coordinates other required services, supporting activities such as quality and purchasing.
- Manages the engineering procedures, methods, design reviews, reporting, documentation and archiving of data required to support the department objectives.
- Efficiently allocates resources and optimizes utilization of personnel.
- Meets needs of the various project managers.
- Directs and oversees various support groups in the organization, such as designers, drafters, and document control.
- Administratively oversees the personnel in the group, including hire, release, and evaluation of assigned personnel, and pay increase and advancement recommendations.
- This position has supervisory responsibilties.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent; advanced degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory experience leading teams.
- Must be able to obtain a valid US Passport and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- ROV and/or Subsea equipment design and engineering experience is preferred.
- Experience with Enovia, PeopleSoft, SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.