Skills: Project Management, Project Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
The engineer will perform development and certification engineering duties for the International Space Station (ISS) Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) hardware including the Emergency Mask (fire and ammonia protection hood and mask), Fire Cartridge (particulate and gas filter cartridge), Ammonia Measurement Kit, and Ammonia Scrubber.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform development and certification engineering duties for the International Space Station (ISS) Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) hardware including the Emergency Mask (fire and ammonia protection hood and mask), Fire Cartridge (particulate and gas filter cartridge), Ammonia Measurement Kit, and Ammonia Scrubber.
- Perform sustaining engineering and testing functions in manufacturing, procuring, assembling, and testing flight hardware items.
- Coordinate with matrix organizations and vendors in issue resolution, assembly, and acceptance testing of flight hardware.
- Generate essential paperwork and documents for tasks assigned, such as Task Performance Sheets (TPS), Discrepancy
- Reports (DR), and Detailed Test Procedures (DTP), as needed.
- Perform failure troubleshooting and resolution as needed.
- Perform job functions based on pre-established guidelines or instructions.
- Work in a team environment, and report to a more senior engineer, project lead, or project manager for technical support,
- task assignment, processes (training & implementation).
- Review and evaluate the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from accomplishment of engineering tasks.
- Select and apply engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate support from a wide range of technical disciplines.
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the field, such as mechanical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, thermal testing, design software and tools, and office software.
- Ability to visualize and work with complex mechanical systems and work with others in problem solving as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules and to work unsupervised for long periods of time.
- Chemical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree.
- Experience with ECLSS hardware.
- Experience with JSC organizations, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to coordinate support from a wide range of technical disciplines.
- Familiarity with the Engineering Life Cycle and its associated processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.