Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The position of Business Analyst will be part of the management team and will be responsible for compilation of performance metrics and reporting, tracking business development initiatives & development of business cases against market dynamics.
This role will prepare accurate management information in a timely manner and support business unit financial & operational report-out requirements
Critical interfaces within the Survey Services team requires the analyst to processes excellent communication and analytical skills, and a willingness to self-educate.
Success in this position hinges on self-motivation, attention to detail, a strong sense of ownership, and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with the other members of the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter, maintain, extract and critically analyze data to identify trends, abnormalities, and action items.
- Provide input to executive project/program review presentations (MS PowerPoint).
- Provide Business-unit level Forecasting & Budgeting assistance
- Report project-level earned-value (EV), Estimate-at-Completion(EAC) & Estimate-to-Complete(ETC), profit and loss review, including commentary and analysis.
- Perform schedule & resource analysis, and provide pertinent information to project teams & senior management.
- Perform Milestone and Key Event analysis.
- Create timelines and/or various tracking documents in Primavera, MS Project, or MS Excel as needed.
- Assist project teams with preparing and maintaining various project documents and metrics.
- Coordinates with contracts, finance and project management to ensure that billings are prepared in an accurate and timely manner and there is timely follow-up on past due accounts.
- Develops and analyzes trend reporting on cost variances.
- Support Customer Audits.
- Attend regular operational meetings in assembling and analyzing schedule, quality and other data, targeted towards assessment of (service-line) readiness to meet requirements.
- Maintain the project Lessons-Learned Binder and Database (or similar), tracking and coordinating completion of open items.
- Create, maintain, and/or review/approve custom and/or standardized project/program reports for distribution to the Program Manager and/or Project Managers, including Customer deliverables.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected....Maximum 10%.
- Bachelor's degree - in Finance / Accounting / Business Administration or a related field - or Technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Three (3+) to Five (5+) year professional experience in a Data Analysis, Financial Analyst or Business Analyst OR serving in the capacity similar to described.
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to analyze and reconcile financial accounts and reports.
- General knowledge of project management principles & procedures.
- Full working level competence in MS Office Suite software, with proficiency in Excel.
- Proficient in the use of basic and some advanced features of project management scheduling software (e.g. Primavera (P6) and/or MS Project). Demonstrated competence in the use of tools used for planning and control duties.
- Detail oriented with good analytical capabilities. Experience gathering and reconciling cost and schedule data, identifying trends and anomalies, and recommending required actions.
- Must possess good organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the company and subcontractor organization.
- Must possess good analytical skills and computation and be able to explain performance-based measurements to management.
- Possesses the ability to work with a team and relates well with other staff members.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job under moderate to minimal supervision.
- Excellent consultative and communication skills, as well as presentation ability.
- Well organized and able to handle multiple assignments and responsibilities with a strong sense of ownership.
- General understanding of the structure, functions and outputs of departments responsible for engineering, procurement, manufacturing, scheduling, quality assurance, commissioning, and operations. Is generally familiar with the tools, methods, authorizations and resources commonly required to complete these types of work. With support from project and task leaders, is willing and able to lead interactions with these performing groups at the locations where work is being performed.
- Ability to apply knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards.
- Business Analysis certification.
- Bilingual (Spanish) an advantage.
- PMP certification, or assignments completed toward earning a PMP certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge, and experience using Tableau software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using Advanced Industrial Management (AIM), and Project Sequencing and Scheduling (PSS) systems.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft System.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.