At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Lead Project Quality Engineer reports to the Well Systems Quality Leader and is responsible for ensuring effective application of the BHGE Quality Management System (QMS) in the project environment to ensure that customer requirements are met.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Quality activities on all project matters within their respective Project/Centre of Excellence (COE) and has an operational reporting line to the Project Manager/Project Quality ManagerEssential Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective and consistent application of Quality processes across the project & v organization in support of project execution
- Participates in Design Verification Reviews as required by engineering
- Supports and facilitates 1st and 2nd stage cross functional Criticality Risk Assessment reviews for the assignment of equipment criticality ratings covering the scope of the contract
- Supports standardization and promotes the use of BHGE standard vendor ITP & MRB templates and gains appropriate client approvals
- Creates quality plans based on the standard template incorporating additional customer quality and technical regulation requirements
- Prepare and present required quality performance reporting to Project team, internal leadership and customers
- Take ownership of project related issues. Support & drive action owners for fast & effective resolution (NCR, CIR, Audit finding, NCR/RCA)
- Supports non-conformance management process, Reviews NCR in a project context to assess if customer concession, deviation or waiver is required. Completes, submits and manages approval process for concessions, deviations or waivers to customer in compliance with contract and QMS requirements
- Audit & verification plan, performing and follow-up of findings
- Validate Notification of Inspections acting as interface between client, vendor and IMT as required
- Continually strive to improve & simplify existing process. Develop Customer relationship by regular discussions with client
- Support projects lessons learned efforts to ensure project learning communicated across the business
- Participate in project close out activities by facilitating closure of all project quality actions
- Appropriate level qualification in Engineering or Quality Management, or equivalent experience
- Quality Auditor training & relevant qualification
- You must have unrestricted authorisation to work in Country of posting
- Oil & Gas Industry Sub-sea experience
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Substantial experience in a Project Quality environment
- Experience in a client facing, project environment (Customer management experience record)
- Quality audit training & experience
- Continuous improvement driver / change agent
- Strong organisational & communication skills
- Ability to travel where required
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- General product knowledge
- Self-Motivated, good team ethos with ability to prioritise work and lead action until closure
- Understanding and experience of problem solving methodology