Baker Hughes has an opening for a Senior Applications Engineer within the Applications Engineering Group (AEG) team for Well Intervention to be based out of our facility in Houston, TX. This Engineer will provide technical support globally for Fishing Services and will be part of the Global AEG team that currently supports Conventional Fishing, Plug and Abandonment, Wellbore Clean Up and Casing Exits. This includes training, customer presentations, and competency assessments.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide Technical Sales and Operations Support for Fishing Services special focus on supporting Conventional Fishing and Plug and Abandonment.
- Review and respond to TSP requests promptly and may take on lead role of assigning TSPs to the team.
- Support and participate in Training requests of the AEG team.
- Support as required other Product lines such as Wellbore Clean up and Casing Exits.
- Technical Support of requests from engineering, operations, sales, and manufacturing.
- Tender preparation assistance.
- Customer Presentations.
- Working with the team to complete requests and tasks within the response time designated.
- Complete competency assessments and research as tasks require.
- Handle Special Projects as Assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience within Oilfield Services with expert knowledge and experience with Fishing Services products and tools.
- 8+ years of Operations, Engineering, or Sales experience working with Conventional Fishing, Plug and Abandonment products and Tools.
- 5+ Years of Operations, Engineering, or Sales experience both Onshore and Offshore.
- Execute with limited guidance the analysis / evaluation of assigned projects that meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product / program requirements
- Recommend approach to meet the technical and program requirements
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules, and contract commitments
- Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
- Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments
- Lead or participate in organizational efforts in assigned projects and/or tasks
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Business travel about 15% of the time both Domestic and International
- Energetic, Trustworthily, Committed, Focused and Resilient.
- Fluent in English.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Experience across different Geographical Regions