Role Summary: #ZR
Baker Hughes is offering an opening for a Power Electronics Engineer for Variable Speed Drives manufactured at our facility in Claremore, OK. The Variable Speed Drive group is looking for an experienced Power Electronics Engineer to join a fast-paced group that provides new products, technical and manufacturing support for variable speed drives worldwide. The position requires working closely with various internal departments and/or external customers to ensure product performance and integrity. Candidate will be required to create new product development, schematics, block diagrams, heat analysis and some mechanical layout of components. Regulatory requirements (UL, European Norm, and IEEE) and assist with projects including but not limited to Field & Tech Support, Manufacturing & Plant support, Qualification Testing, Engineering Change Requests and Engineering Change Notices.Essential Responsibilities:
- This position will focus on working with Senior Engineer working with power electrical components to select circuits for the Variable Speed Drives
- Electrical and thermal analysis modeling of key power circuits
- Setting up equipment/fixturing for regulatory and performance testing.
- Helping to Develop 3D models and drawings
- Creating Bill of Materials for sub-assemblies
- Creating new part numbers
- Work with all functions of the company.
- Scope out plan to eliminate/reduce safety hazards while maintain/improving process efficiency.
- Regulatory expertise in UL508A and UL508C, NEC, EN61800-5-1 and others.
- Proactive role in electrical safety for the oil industry.
- Problem Solving
- Manufacturing/Field Support
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
- Possess problem solving and project management skills.
- Must have ability to work "hands on" in a test lab facility.
- Able to work independently and on teams; sound decision making ability.
- Possess good communication skills to interact with internal/external customers and vendors.
- Design presentations, critical design reviews with Chief Engineering, Product Safety and Regulatory.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Should be capable of travel to remote field locations and work under less than ideal environmental conditions 10% of the time.Desired Characteristics:
- 5 years' experience with Power Electronic circuit design
- Electrical CAD proficiency (Pspice, Matlab, PSIM, Solidworks)
- Familiarity with Environmental design and testing, in particular UL50, UL157, and IEC 60529.
- Regulatory requirements of Electrical/Electronic Equipment in Industrial Applications such as UL508A, UL508C, EN61800-5-1, EN60204-1 and NFPA70
- Proficiency in Technical Writing
- Teamcenter PLM software and SAP software
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more