Skills: Operations Management, Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Shop Leader will be responsible for organizing and leading shop repair, configuration and planning team of Petropolis LM Service Center. Petropolis LM Service Center is a provider of LM2500 & LM6000 (aeroderivative engine) overhaul services (level 4).
The Shop Leader will report to the Petropolis LM Service Center.
Own all aspects of the shop floor in Petropolis LM Service Center. This will include
- Promote and ensure health and safety environment;
- Share the HSE and Quality pillars at daily basis;
- Daily CCC Meetings to maintain the team on board talking about safety, quality and service prioritization;
- Repair work scope alignment with ITO and OTR;
- Lead engine BOM configuration activities;
- Lead master schedule & process engineering activities;
- Liaise with Global S&OP team, ITO and OTR teams to determine engines work scope, slots availability and long term planning;
- Lead production team, to attend customer expectations, OTD and Quality;
- Drive Short Term plan execution by management of shop capability and finite capacity;
- Manage, control and report key shop performance indicators: Efficiency and Utilization;
- Motivate and drive the team to implement continuous improvement and lean manufacturing projects;
- Drive data to promote Lean Action Work Outs to reduce repair turnaround time;
- Clear communication with stakeholders - Engineering, Material, Finance ITO and OTR team;
- Cash Out initiatives;
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Expected significant Repair Services, Planning and Lean manufacturing experience.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Strong customer service and results oriented mindset
- Demonstrated leadership and technical aptitude.
- Ability to organize, assess, prioritize tasks, milestones and deliverable.
- Team player & can-do attitude.
- Capability and experience to close complex projects in due time.
- Proven track record of delivery in a challenging role
- Understanding of production control techniques, i.e. material planning, master scheduling, and shop floor control.
- Exposure to financial measurements and accounting principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong team player with high energy.
- Knowledgeable of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP).
- Well organized, reliable, committed, logical and open thinking
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- A drive and desire to succeed.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Adaptable - meet and exceed financial targets in a context of constant change.
- Strong analytical skills - use of Excel and online tools to analyze and understand data.
- Stakeholder management - ability to successfully influence stakeholders to drive cost-out.
- Self-starter - demonstrate sense of urgency to deliver on commitments
- Six Sigma training (GE employees only).
Work Location: Petropolis - Rio de Janeiro