At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes is offering an opening for a Power Electronics Engineer for Variable Speed Drives at our facility in Claremore, OK. The Variable Speed Drive group is looking for an experienced Power Electronics Senior Engineer to join a fast-paced group that provides new products, technical and manufacturing support for variable speed drives worldwide. The position requires working closely with various internal departments and/or external customers to ensure product performance and integrity. Candidate will be required to create new product development, schematics, block diagrams, heat analysis and some mechanical layout of components. Regulatory requirements (UL, European Norm, and IEEE) and assist with projects including but not limited to Field & Tech Support, Manufacturing & Plant support, Qualification Testing, Engineering Change Requests and Engineering Change Notices.Essential Responsibilities:
- This position will focus as a Senior Engineer working with Power Electrical, Motor Control and Mechanical Engineers for Variable Speed Drives
- Complete understanding of Variable Speed Drives and how they work down to the component level.
- Proactive role in electrical safety for the oil industry.
- Helping to Develop Software/Firmware of Algorithms to enable precision drive control
- Permanent Magnet Motor Control for ESP applications
- Regulatory expertise in UL508A and UL508C, NEC, EN61800-5-1 and others.
- Problem Solving for Variable Speed Drives and related systems
- Work with all functions of the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Possess problem solving and project management skills.
- Analysis techniques employing Park and Clark Vector Math.
- Able to work independently and on teams; sound decision-making ability.
- Power Systems including Step Down Transformers, Harmonic Filters, Variable Speed Drives, Sine-Wave Filters, Step-Up Transformers and Medium Voltage Applications
- Possess good communication skills to interact with internal/external customers and vendors.
- Design presentations, critical design reviews with Chiefs of Engineering, Product Safety and Regulatory.
- Understanding Engineering Disciplines in order to review other circuit designs and to mentor junior engineers.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Should be capable of travel to remote field locations and work under less than ideal environmental conditions 10% of the time.Desired Characteristics:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience with Power Electronic circuit design
- Spice Modeling, MatLab, and Simulink.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Familiarity with Environmental design and testing, in particular UL50, UL157, and IEC 60529.
- Regulatory requirements of Electrical/Electronic Equipment in Industrial Applications such as UL508A, UL508C, EN61800-5-1, EN60204-1 and NFPA70
- Proficiency in Technical Writing
- Transformer Standards IEEE C57, IEC 60076
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more