At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The person in this position shall be responsible for F&PT valves sales activities, both Masoneilan and Consolidated, in his designated area, Germany, Austria and Switzerland (DACH), directly reporting to the Scandinavia & DACH Sales Director. Responsible for growth of new accounts as well as focus on maintaining existing accounts, he will work with current customers/channels and prospects to meet assigned sales goals. Work Location will be Stutensee (Baden-Wuerttemberg). Essential Responsibilities:
- The Sales Manager will develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet targets. He will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilizing the understanding and experience of valves market to achieve business objectives, and have the ability to plan short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Provide leadership for sales to assigned customers/channels through the formulation and execution of strategies and plans that capitalize on the customer/channel's strengths as supplemented by F&PT's products and services
- Execute on assigned sales targets to assure that F&PT wins profitable business and service sales, within the assigned sales margins, and within the assigned area.
- Build upon internal relationships and develop strong relationships with customers/channels; provide assistance to customers/channels in identifying new opportunities
- Outline, present and sell the value of products and services that can benefit customer/channel needs
- Prepare and submit requested reports, documentation, and any other reports (e.g. weekly sales reports, SFDC/Deal_Machine reports, expense reports, area/channel or account business plans) in a complete and timely manner
- Help to construct, populate and update competitive analysis through market feedbacks
- Negotiate contracts through CommOps and Risk Management teams, proactively leading negotiations on most significant aspects of assigned opportunities
- Demonstrate commercial and technical expertise in valves market, maintain knowledge of market trends, competitive actions, product needs, and customer base; keep up to date with all aspects of Valves products, NPIs, norms and standards, and the F&PT Company profile
- Assist Marketing and Product Management to develop project specific sales strategies and create sales campaigns for assigned customers
- Coordinate relationships and interface with Commercial Operations, Technical Marketing, Product management and other functions
- Comply with all BHGE policies and procedures, acting as a Champion of Compliance and Integrity
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED and strong experience in a sales, support, or marketing field)
- Strong experience in Sales, Customer & Product Support, or Services
- Knowledge of control and safety valves market, across the oil & gas, refining, and power industries
- Strong German and English Language skills both written and verbal
- Resident in Germany
- Experience with Control Valves and/or Safety valves
- Significant previous selling experience dealing with the Oil & Gas / Refining / Power Generation industries
- Customer focused and results driven
- Great ability to negotiate and strong commercial and business acumen and understanding
- Ability to develop and grow relationships & sponsorship
- Ability to deliver timely feedbacks to team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to represent the company technically amongst peer groups
- Effective communication/interaction through all levels of organization
- Willingness to travel extensively across the assigned area
- Uncompromised ethical behavior and high integrity
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more