At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
The Channel Manager for Europe demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will drive channel sales growth for the UTSP, RVI, Film and Field RAD product lines in Europe. You will support, set ambitious targets and develop winning strategies for the existing channel managers in this region. You will be accountable for the channel strategy to continuously upgrade the network of channel partners and explore synergies with other M&C channels. You will be responsible for short and long-term planning and will work in collaboration with other functions in the business. This position provides day-to-day transactional support and is the focal point to the channel managers and partners.
In addition to your role in managing the channel manager team for Europe, you will also be carrying the duties of a channel manager yourself, looking after the above product line business in the Nordics, UK and Benelux, working together with channel partners, executing jointly agreed growth plans, in line with Baker Hughes European management channel development guidelines.Essential Responsibilities:
- Own and deliver financial performance for the overall Europe channel portfolio: orders, sales and CM
- Manage the European channel manager team, and drive the overall growth agenda described below
- Manage channel partners relationships on day-to-day basis and provide transactional support
- Improve the performance of the existing channel partners: identify the performance gaps and implement the appropriate corrective actions
- Connect the channel partners with the company resources: product experts, application experts, vertical experts, Key Account Managers
- Identify potential channel partners, recruit, qualify and facilitate thru appointment process including gaining necessary approvals/P&L support
- On-board and train channels & coordinate with P&L specific product certification programs
- Manage channel partners to grow orders and sales in assigned markets/territories
- Drive a culture of highest integrity and compliance within channels community; ensure agreement validity for the respective channel portfolio
- Translate the commercial and marketing campaigns developed by Global Product Leaders
- Develop and leverage a broad network to understand market changes and likely impact on customers to identify and manage new growth opportunities
- Support product service, engineering and project management efforts in close coordination with customers and factory teams
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Solid overall experience in the Measurement & Control industry
- Extensive years sales experience with proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Proven sales experience working with channel partners
- Knowledge of Inspection Technologies products, services and markets
- Self-starter, capable of working independently to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Proven coordination and influencing skills to set and drive an agenda with third parties
- Strong business acumen and customer facing skills
- Documented record of success in a challenging technical sales environment
- Fluent (verbal and written) in English
- Frequent travel is required
- Strong oral and written communication & presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Inclusive team working style
- Ability to build rapport, energize and influence people
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more