Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient. #ZR
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Baker Hughes is offering an opening for an Engineering Micro-Controller / Motor Control Engineer for Variable Speed Drives at our facility in Claremore or Oklahoma City, OK. The Variable Speed Drive group is looking for an experienced Controls Engineer to join a fast-paced group that provides new products, technical and manufacturing support for variable speed drives worldwide. The position requires working closely with various internal departments and/or external customers to ensure product performance and integrity of induction and permanent magnet motors. Candidate will be required to create new product development, block diagrams, motor control analysis and implementation. Assist with projects including but not limited to Field & Tech Support, Manufacturing & Plant support, Qualification Testing, Engineering Change Requests and Engineering Change Notices.
- Microcontroller programmer using intermediate language (C required)
- Must have at least 5 years motor control experience (PI control and tuning).
- Proficient engineering control theory for motors
- Strong communication skills - capable of explaining complex algorithms.
- Work with all functions of the company.
- Scope out plan to eliminate/reduce safety hazards while maintain/improving process efficiency.
- Proactive role in electrical safety for the oil industry.
- Problem Solving.
- Variable Speed Drive/Motor Testing Manufacturing/Field Support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Writing code for Real-Time application
- Possess problem solving and project management skills.
- Must have ability to work "hands on" in a test lab facility.
- Able to work independently and on teams; sound decision making ability.
- Possess good communication skills to interact with internal/external customers and vendors.
- Design presentations, critical design reviews with Chief Engineering, Product Safety and Regulatory.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Proficiency in Technical Writing
Should be capable of travel to remote field locations and work under less than ideal environmental conditions 10% of the time.
- 5 years' experience with Motor Control Algorithms (IM and PM)
- Electrical CAD proficiency (Pspice, Matlab, PSIM, etc...)
- FPGA and VHDL design
- Regulatory requirements of Electrical/Electronic Equipment in Industrial Applications such as UL508A, UL508C, EN61800-5-1, EN60204-1 and NFPA70
Claremore or Oklahoma City, OK
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more