Our client is looking for a Senior Project Engineer for a contract position, located in Westhill.
- Provide technical guidance to Department management and work direction to contractor personnel when appropriate.
- Liaise with Operations, business Development to manage work-scopes/projects in a timely and cost effective manner
- Ensure highest safety standards and continuity and optimisation of hydrocarbon production
- Develop and maintain productive and constructive relationships with site-based/offshore personnel, onshore operations/technical/Project teams and external contractors/vendors
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe and effective manner and that all interventions are controlled by authorised persons, satisfy statutory and Company standards and that no hazardous incidents or events occur
- Manage the execution of Project Scope of Work with the Installation Contractor.
- Ensure clarity and direction of objectives in scopes of work prior to proceeding.
- Provide work direction to Project team members and contractor personnel involved in the engineering, planning and execution of the work
- Seek technical guidance from subject specialist as required.
- Review change requests submitted by the Contractor and if in agreement recommend acceptance of Change requests to management for financial approval
- Ensure timely technical and financial close out of works
- Provide technical input to contract tenders and negotiations relating to projects
- Produce budgets and plans for specific work-scopes or projects and manage the cost control process which reflects true picture of jobs.
- Be open to challenge opportunities, ensuring that Group and local subsidiary specifications are implemented and adhered to in project work scopes and that any derogations/deviations requested do not compromise integrity
- Encourage the reporting of all incidents, ensure that incidents are investigated and action incident close-outs as appropriate.
- Develop positive and constructive relationships with Operations, contractors and suppliers. Identify opportunities to improve contractor/supplier performance, reduce costs and improve the quality of services/products supplied
- Review and comment on: specifications, requisitions, procedures, technical reports, layouts, drawings, schematics and all documents issued by EPCI Contractor/3rd parties
- Organise, attend and participate at HIRA's, HAZOPS's and HAZID's, ensure that rules, regulations and general specifications are followed, including the preparation and the safe execution of the offshore work and diving operations.
- Oversee the preparation of technical specification and scope of work.
- Maintain documented and verified records.
- Coordinate technical query review and coordinate responses.
- Manage and liaise with the engineering verification contractors as required.
- Regularly inform Project Manager of progress and any potential issues.
- Ensure that activities such as verification and MEIC scopes are captured
- Engineering degree in a core discipline
- Substantial experience in a senior position of coordinating engineering/Projects within Oil & Gas Industry
- Specialization appropriate to type of project eg Controls, E&I, subsea, where applicable.
- High level of interpersonal skills, ability to deal with high levels of activity in a continuously changing and demanding environment and ability to respect project deadlines
- High administration skills combined with understanding of budget preparation and estimating methodologies
- Proven experience of managing high value projects
- Ability to plan and prioritise multiple tasks in line with Company objectives and operational constraints
- Detailed knowledge of legislation/regulations relevant to discipline
- BOSIET and valid offshore medical