At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Essential Responsibilities:
- Be accountable for the accuracy and quality of the financial reporting, revenue recognition and controls. You will be the Single Point of Contact for all Finance related processes of the entity as well as a key stakeholder of the support functions and systems in place
- Lead the closing processes and perform accounts reconciliations and reviews.
- Pull Consolidation TB and reconcile to the ledger of record to find differences and resolve
- Pull Trial balances and subledger reports to reconcile/find differences and resolve
- Partner with CFO, Finance leaders & Operations across the businesses to ensure alignment on operational and strategic issues. Drive rigor, processes and engagement.
- Partner with JV Controllership team to ensure and consistency of accounting processes, drive controllership awareness throughout the operating team, ensure financial compliance and uphold Company's commitment to integrity;
- Support Service Centre Operations Team to deliver financial commitments, cost productivity and financial rigor.
- Articulate commercial & financial risks and opportunities
- Work effectively with different stakeholders (Leadership, Operations and other Finance functions) inside and outside the JV to proactively drive initiatives to successful conclusion
- Manage a direct report and indirectly influence the broader Finance community supporting the entity.
- Facilitation and completion of statutory accounts, working with Accounting Ops Manager and GGO, to ensure compliance with company's accounting policies
- Preparation and submission of State required statistical reporting
- Partner with GE and BHGE Corporate teams, shared services supporting the JV, external auditors to ensure excellence of operational & processes including statutory and tax filing, audit processes and account reconciliations
- Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) (or in process of obtaining professional qualification)
- Extensive years relevant work experience in similar role
- Strong accounting, analytical, problem-solving & communication skills, with hands-on attitude and attention to detail.
- Strong team player with professional/positive personal presence, ability to work across functions and locations, engaging beyond the Finance Function
- Ability to adjust to varying priorities in a dynamic environment, work under pressure, and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to manage-self
- Fluent English in both written and verbal communication
EU Work PermitDesired Characteristics:
- Ability to summarize complex technical topic in functional terms
- Ability to execute across multiple priorities independently & decisively
- Willingness to travel
Detailed working knowledge of Oracle Pascal
Experience in Project, FA, INV, Intercompany AccountingLocations:
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more