At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes is looking for Technical Support Engineers for the Drilling Services Remote Operations Hub in Ploiesti, Romania. In this role, the Technical Support Engineer will be working on a 24/7 shift schedule in the Remote Operations hub providing pro-active and re-active technical support for remote drilling activitiesEssential Responsibilities:
- Provision of real-time technical support for the MWD/LWD product portfolio and associated software.
- Investigate and analyze unsatisfactory product or service performance with the goal to prevent/minimize non-productive time for customers and drive requirements for product or service enhancements.
- Participate in managing the job cycle activities to pro-actively impact service delivery
- Contribute to technical reports, EOW, and failure reports
- Support and contribute to BH's reliability and performance initiatives
- Providing technical support via the Technical Support Portal for the DD and MWD/LWD product portfolio and associated software.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with BH HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and BH Core Values
- Bachelor's Degree in related subject (Petroleum Engineering, Geology or Earth Sciences).
- 3 years of related experience
- Solid background and strong working knowledge across a broad range of downhole drilling & evaluation tools and services.
- A proven ability to recognize, analyze and solve technical issues, coupled with a process oriented working style.
- Able to work in a 24/7 service environment, including day and night shifts based on an agreed shift schedule.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written in English
- Self-directed, goal oriented and innovative
- Both on- and off-shore rig site experience
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse, multi-location, and team-oriented environment
- Commitment to customer service and understanding of customer requirements.
- Ability to build a good working network with different stakeholders in remote Operations Offices.
- Eager to work with new technologies and ability to multi-task in a fast paced dynamic environment
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more