Skills: Environmental Engineer, Fire Protection
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Senior Consultant - Fire Science Training Delivery
Location: North West, with travel
Salary: Competitive plus company car/ car allowance and excellent benefits package
MAKE YOUR NEXT STEP
Our UK Fire Science & Chemical Management division is fast-paced and autonomous, playing a vital role in the continued success of Bureau Veritas.
This is your chance to discover the benefit of working for a large corporate organisation, to provide training and act and develop as a scientific advisor to emergency services and large commercial clients.
Show your confidence in dealing with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of training & scientific support. You will undertake measurement, monitoring and assessment surveys in the built and natural environments for a diverse portfolio of strategic clients
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
DELIVERY AND EXCELLENCE
- To provide training support to the emergency services and other clients in relevant scientific aspects
- To act and develop as a scientific adviser to emergency services and other commercial clients
- To undertake measurement, monitoring and assessment surveys in the built and natural environment
- To participate in out of hours work rotas providing scientific support to clients at night and weekends
- Continuous professional development of skills and capabilities
- Development and delivery of competent technical training
- Technical Competence and Development in application of consultancy duties
- Development of Hazardous Material knowledge
- Successful undertaking of site based survey and assessment activities
- Active participation in out of hours rota's and call outs for Fire Brigades and other clients
- Commercial development of existing and potential client contracts
- Adherence to quality and business management systems
DUE CARE AND ATTENTION
- Scientific degree in relevant subject (preferably chemistry or applied chemistry)
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training or equivalent
- Qualified Teacher Status / Postgraduate Certificate in Education or equivalent (Desirable)
Candidate requirements include:
- Experience and capacity to prepare and present technical training at a variety of levels
- Confidence and ability to communicate scientific concepts and information at all levels
- Existing knowledge and capability regarding the characteristics and properties of hazardous materials
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Willingness to teach at locations across the U.K.
- Full UK Driving license
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to consultant, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.