Skills: Environmental Engineer, Fire Protection
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Role: Senior Fire Science Consultant
Salary: Competitive plus company car/ car allowance and excellent benefits package
MAKE YOUR NEXT STEP
Looking to put your skills and experience to better use? Take your career in the technical consultancy environment to the next level with this exciting and dynamic role within a true global leader.
Our UK Fire Science & Chemical Management division is fast-paced and autonomous, playing a vital role in the continued success of Bureau Veritas. This is your chance to discover the benefit of working for a large corporate organisation, to act and develop as a scientific advisor to emergency services and other commercial clients.
Show your confidence in dealing with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of training & support, undertake measurement, monitoring and assessment surveys in the built and natural environment for large, strategic clients.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
DELIVERY AND EXCELLENCE
- To act and develop as a scientific adviser to emergency services and other commercial clients
- To undertake measurement, monitoring & assessment surveys in the built and natural environment
- To provide training support to fire brigade and other clients in relevant scientific aspects
- To write scientific reports in fulfilment of survey work undertaken
- To participate in out of hours work rotas - providing scientific support to clients at night and weekends
- Continuous professional development of skills and capabilities
- Technical Competence & Development in application of consultancy duties
- Monitoring & analytical instrument use & calibration
- Application of mobile laboratory chemical testing regimes
- Development of Hazardous Material knowledge
- Preparation & delivery of client and other internal reports
- Successful undertaking of site based survey & assessment activities
- Active participation in Out of hours rota's and call outs for BT and Fire Brigades
- Development and delivery of competent technical training
- Knowledge & application of fire science services
- Commercial development of existing & potential client contracts
- Adherence to quality & business management systems
DUE CARE AND ATTENTION
Candidate requirements include:
- Scientific degree in relevant subject (preferably chemistry or applied chemistry)
- Minimum NVQ level 3 training and assessment
- Existing knowledge & capability regarding the characteristics & properties of hazardous materials
- Experience with use and application of a range of measurement and monitoring equipment
- Willingness to engage in continuous professional development associated with hazardous materials and other relevant fire science competencies
- Experience and capacity to prepare and present technical training at a variety of levels
- Confidence and ability to communicate scientific concepts and information at all levels
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Computer literate in standard Microsoft office suite - database experience an advantage
- Full UK Driving license
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to consultant, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.